1st gear trany problem

Bobbylee95353

Registered
Hi All,
I have a 2005 Busa with 8000 miles on her. the trans started acting strange. only in 1st gear just after taking off, it feels like the trany slips just for a second or two then grabs fine, this only is happens in 1st gear. i'm not taking off hard at all, just normal take offs. anyone come accross this problem?
Thanks,
Bobbylee

depending on how hard you normally ride it, it could be your clutch slipping but then again your "normal take off" could be someone elses near drag strip launch and you could be spinning your back tire...

I hate to say it but you may also have a bent shift fork and rounded off dogs. I had the same problem because I was a little overzealous trying to get her in gear. You will be able to just barely accelerate but if you put any kind of power to her she will come in and out of gear because the shift fork won't let the gears engage all the way. Well that was my problem anyway. I hope yours is only a clutch problem.

I hate to say it but you may also have a bent shift fork and rounded off dogs.  I had the same problem because I was a little overzealous trying to get her in gear.  You will be able to just barely accelerate but if you put any kind of power to her she will come in and out of gear because the shift fork won't let the gears engage all the way.  Well that was my problem anyway.  I hope yours is only a clutch problem.
+ 1 on the shift fork , any clutchless downshifting ? also i would check the cush drive first , cheap and quick fix if thats your problem ?

im also having this problem. but mine is boggling out at around 7-8 ish rpms. it acts like its hitting a mini rev limiter but keeps going right after it happens.. sort of like a glitch of something. and after it hits it its fine. would this be a bent shift fork also.. cause thats what a lot of buddies have been telling me. if so how much is the labor for this typically. i heard the damn parts are only like 15.00 bucks. but you gotta tear down the motor to get to it? if anyone has any info please email me asap at baggedn20schevy@aol.com thanks and i appreciate it.

sorry for hogging your post!!

My 05' has 4800 miles on it and just started having this same problem. Only does it in 2nd gear around 7-8k rpm's when I'm ridin it like I stole it. If I ride normal or "nice" there is no problems. Took it to the dealer yesterday and they said my warranty probably wouldn't cover a bent shift fork/worn gear dogs because this problem doesn't usually occur from manufacturer defect. He said it'll probably run me around $2200 to fix!
sad.gif

Is this problem going get worse or stay about the same if I keep riding it "nice" for the next few months. I mean will the thing just blow up and leave me stranded somewhere eventually?

Back