24 hours w/o smoking

Way to go big D!! I'm proud of you!

Wow, your son is still alive?!? Impressive...
smile.gif

Don,

You had better check in. We have not heard from you today!

Never stuck with me. Did it as a kids to feel grown up. Stopped around 12-13. My Dad and brother smoke like freight-trains growing up. That smell was everywhere. I would wash my clothes and put them in my closet and the next day they smelled like cigarettes.

My Mom smoked also while I was young...she cold turkeyed it about 25 years ago.

Good luck to those trying to quit....although your taxes help.
cool.gif

Keep it up bro... My grandmother quit after 30 years, cold turkey one day, and she would be dead today if she hadn't quit. Good luck to you sir...

Way to go Don and Hal! You are about over the worst of it by now...

A few things I have noticed from our patients at this stage:

Coughs: as your lungs heal (some 600M alveoli) the Cilia start grow back the little ends that are wiped out by smoking. Seems that a cough starts and you will start to cough up old gunk.. I suppose that is a good sign but sure hear a lot of complaints about the issue.. get something to suck on, seems to help

Friends: Funny but friends that smoke make it a lot tougher.. we sort of "advise" to avoid them as the temptation to smoke "just 1" is going to be awful, if they do not respect you enough to give you some room without the stimulus, well....

I took Hal's route, cold turkey..... sure is nice to be smoke free... (and it bought my new bike)

Back