211.3 at Maxton ALL MOTOR

DaveO

Never Forgotten
Went <span style='color:firebrick'>211.3</span> at Maxton last weekend on all motor. Set a record in class (S/G 3000) and got into the elite 200mph club. Was a blast...recommend it to every speed freak.

Will have to bring Ninja Eater next time!!!

Dave

<!--EDIT|Ninja Eater
Reason for Edit: None given...|1083193018 -->

DaveO_211__.jpg

You bet I am ready to go with you. By the way nice pic.

<marquee><span style='color:green'><span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>CONGRATULATIONS ON A GREAT RUN DAVE</marquee></span></span>

MC,

It is an 84mmX68mm setup with mild compression so I can spray a little. Cams are megs, Je's, carillo's and a real good cylinder head/cams combo. It made 236-238 on pump Monday before Maxton when I tuned it. Ran leaded fuel at Maxton from Hank's trailer for gas class. It is street driven on pump, takes my 7 year old son to school on nice days. It did get a little hot Saturday when the temps broke 90 making passes.

I did not put the bottles on and make a spray pass even though many people asked me too. My NOS tune is not setup, and it is only on full throttle switch right now. I need to put it on button, because I only need to spray 6th, I top out now well before trap leavin easy. The little 1lb bottles will not sustain pressure for long.

I decided after the 211 pass not to try sprayin it right then. It was running TOO GOOD on motor to risk hurtin it.

Thanx for the compliments!!! I have worked hard on this setup for a long time....

Dave

MC,

It is an 84mmX68mm setup with mild compression so I can spray a little. Cams are megs, Je's, carillo's and a real good cylinder head/cams combo. It made 236-238 on pump Monday before Maxton when I tuned it. Ran leaded fuel at Maxton from Hank's trailer for gas class. It is street driven on pump, takes my 7 year old son to school on nice days. It did get a little hot Saturday when the temps broke 90 making passes.

I did not put the bottles on and make a spray pass even though many people asked me too. My NOS tune is not setup, and it is only on full throttle switch right now. I need to put it on button, because I only need to spray 6th, I top out now well before trap leavin easy. The little 1lb bottles will not sustain pressure for long.

I decided after the 211 pass not to try sprayin it right then. It was running TOO GOOD on motor to risk hurtin it.

Thanx for the compliments!!! I have worked hard on this setup for a long time....

Dave
Dave,

Sounds like it is getting time to get out and play a little.
biggrin.gif
All we need is some nice weather. Looks like maybe this week although this morning was cold.

Dave don't you think it is a but much to let your 7 year old drive the Busa to school.
biggrin.gif
How does he get his feet down at stops? Man I know you start teaching your boys to ride young, they will be passing POPs soon.
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Way to go Dave, that is fast. Glad to see attendance grow for the ECTA meets.

I am hoping Scott will be handing me a 200 mph hat this year.

Congrats again,
biggrin.gif

congrats to Dave..
Bike 382 and I will be looking forward to meeting you in person at Maxton. Your Busa is as great looking as she is fast. Way to go. It's neat to see someone succeed after they've made the commitment. It gives this old guy hope!!!

Dave's run was pretty impressive!  I watched the run, and was pleased to see a pretty good "tuck." Which is often hard to do when one is a "maxton novice" and is looking for "The Turn!"

Dave and I pitted next to each other, and swapped tips while our bikes were colling off between rounds.

(I am the old guy in the photo handing Dave the "Green Hat.")

Dave is within less than 1/2 MPH of being the fastest "all Motor" guy at Maxton, ever.

How fast can he go with a big hit of Nitrous?

Scott,

Thanx for the compliments, and the help!!!

Another thread with a little more details on the passes.

Dave

And, in that same picture above, JIM OWEN, Maxton's fastest nitorous bike is just to the right side of me, also in a green hat.

Two guys named Owen, both fast at Maxton on the same day.  Could this be the beginning of a dynasty?

Back