2024 Dragon trip September 8th-14th

we are organizing going back down again and staying at the Phillips. Yall welcome to join us! I organize more on Facebook and here is the Event link but ill check back here often to try to answer anyone's questions11 Log into Facebook
Hi. I would like to make but not sure by buda will be ready. Are other bikes welcome? I have over $100,000.00 in my buas to date it is for LSR/street.

ok update grumpy will be there all week, wayne and katie (i forgot org names) BjBusa girl making reservations so folks are starting to line up!!

I'm close to owning hayabusa again. Can't wait to make one of these get togethers. Just a fyi the dragon is getting repaved this summer with speed bumps. I guess we can thank all the riders(and drivers) riding beyond their capabilities, and all the jackasses using it for a race track.
Screensho.jpg

I'm close to owning hayabusa again. Can't wait to make one of these get togethers. Just a fyi the dragon is getting repaved this summer with speed bumps. I guess we can thank all the riders(and drivers) riding beyond their capabilities, and all the jackasses using it for a race track.
View attachment 1682202
My first thoughts were that these "traffic calming" speed bumps will create a situation where more crashes will happen with the die hard racing folk, that will treat these speed bumps as a 'challenge' to their magnificent riding abilities.
I've seen some pretty dumb manouevres on the Dragon (YT vids) and I'm guessing some riders will forget or disregard these bumps altogether.
We shall see . . what do you guys think?

Yeow, 35 of them placed in ‘priority areas’. They better sign the area heavily because the usual reason for their effectiveness is (after) someone hits one too fast. It’s bad enough in a car but a bike could get really unsettled causing a crash, from a fast Superbike to a two up land yacht.

My first thoughts were that these "traffic calming" speed bumps will create a situation where more crashes will happen with the die hard racing folk, that will treat these speed bumps as a 'challenge' to their magnificent riding abilities.
I've seen some pretty dumb manouevres on the Dragon (YT vids) and I'm guessing some riders will forget or disregard these bumps altogether.
We shall see . . what do you guys think?
I think they will only try to go fast through them once and their bikes and themselves will be in the trees....

But they may be stupid enough to try....

I better throw out a disclaimer in case it turns out to not be true lol! I live in st. Louis but I make it to the smokies a couple times a year. I'll be there in a few weeks for the small bore rally. For every 5 post on the incoming speed bumps with the repave, there's 2 post saying it's not true. There is alot of drama/joking/fighting going on in some fb groups right now and some of it is down right hysterical. Its a good thing some of these guys don't live in the same town. We motorcycle riders are a differant breed

Max has become somewhat of a folk hero...kinda like a Squid in gear...
I dig the red gloves too(they just scream clown)
But, the world is less entertaing for the meantime...
lmao

ok update grumpy will be there all week, wayne and katie (i forgot org names) BjBusa girl making reservations so folks are starting to line up!!
If I have sold my house and moved to Murfreeboro will be looking for you . I’m on face book with my name .
Once down in town my door will always be open.

Back