2020? Pretty sure the world is going to end in 2012... Least that's what the Whack jobs, Wing Nuts, and Tin Foil Hat wearers are saying... I'd Aim for 2012. :laugh:

NO MORE POLITICS OR RELIGION :ban:

(Geeze the admins are the worst offenders...:whistle:)

My only input would be:

-Alternative Fuels, electric would be cool, hydrogen fuel cell maybe?
-Advanced polymers and composites.
-Integrated Rider Information System. IRIS, some sort of HUD inside the riders helmet, or a completely immersive holographic projection system. Integrating rear view, GPS, speed, bike data, and a FLIR system for enhanced all weather/day or night vision.

-Anti lock brakes, defeatable adjustable traction control.
-Resilient self healing Nano Body work. User Selectable colors, and patterns.

-Maybe even active aero reconfigurable on the fly or as conditions permit. A bike that adapts not only suspension setting but shape to accommodate different environs or speeds.

- Or hell, the entire body serves as a solar collector for the electric powered Busa...

Otherwise for the Love of god, make sure that the Busa isn't still ugly. I love my Busa, but it is just getting uglier with each new iteration. We can say it looks that way for a reason, and I say yeah, cause the designer went to a Public School....

Please, Please let the 2020 Busa finally be sexy. :thumbsup:

The largest part of the Hayabusa was originally the aerodynamics of the machine. After 10 years in the making, the bike's appearance now has as much of a place as the aero principles. You have done a great job in drawing replicas of the Hayabusa models already in production. Now you need to do a little more exploration.

I would do my best to integrate the 1st and 2nd gen bikes in appearance. Then I would use ideas from companies such as "Gator Glass" to incorporate turn signals and possibly headlights.

Do some research on Hayabusas with turbos or superchargers installed and use the idea of factory installed turbo. A cool example of a futuristic looking turbo can be cound by researching "Seb Domingo" and his Super Street bike. http://www.cooperperformance.com/turbo2.jpg

Exhausts are always a big thing, especially with the emissions and noise laws. By the way, Eric Buell, and his placement of the exhaust of the Buell bikes is interesting. Keeping them free from harm under accidental impact is another. The exhaust is located under the bike to keep a low center of gravity.

If you are looking to do something hubless, ask yourself where the propulsion and braking will come from. You will have to have some form of chain, belt, etc. By the way, as busa owners, most frown on belts and driveshafts. https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/atta...87600-gsxr-1000-k7-tail-busa-lrg_hayabusa.jpg

Look towards the aftermarket. That is where ideas are born. http://www.motorcycledaily.com/091906_top.jpg

Oh, and to stay true to us die hards, use the copper and silver color scheme found on the 1999 model. http://www.motorcyclenews.com/upload/192007/images/Hayabusa.jpg

Excellent Suggestions. My first thought was: well if it ain't broke don't fix it, but these 2 suggestions should take you where you need to go.

Welcome...

I realize this doesn't help you, but this is the bike I want...

Google: Suzuki Nuda.

Suzuki Nuda.jpg

:welcome: Corey!

Or hell, the entire body serves as a solar collector for the electric powered Busa...

I agree with Rev on this! The way of the fossil fuels is rapidly declinging and by 2020 it just may be illegal to use them for transport. Keep the aerodynamic inspiration and incorporate the "less is more" concept by way of swingarms, wheels...etc. Single sided swing arm and front fork.

Some things to keep: the headlight design and overall aerodynamics, and the hump. Definitely busa trademarks.

I love the idea of the hubless, but keep in mind that you have a chain driven bike here, so you will have to find a way to incorporate that into the overall design. Definitely go to radial brakes and possibly even double calipers on the front rotors. I've seen that on a few concept vehicles.

Keep us posted and show us what you come up with.

I say a 1 gen. style, a little lower than stock. Wings, a jet engine the same size as the stock one with a 0-60mph in .1 and top speed of 405mph. Emmmmm......yea! that sounds right.:laugh:

Last edited:
Thanks for all of the suggestions. I have decided on a look that fits me. I have nice transitional lines that pop. I was looking over the bike and I just wanted to make it faster. So I made the bike form around the person thats riding it. I dont have any renderings yet but I should have some nice sketches scanned in in maybe tomorrow or so. Thanks for your guy's help.

Corey

better looking mirrors. a factory good looking double bubble windscreen. i really like the older paint schemes. better looking factory rearsets.

i love the hayabusa and I wouldn't change much. if u change 2 much u may as well create a new bike and not redo the busa

good luck

maybe you can look at bikes from the 80's and compare them with the newest bikes, see how/where they have changed for insperation.:thumbsup::welcome:

Back