2013 yellow possible purchase

SeaMonkey

Registered
got an opportunity to purchase a 2013 yellow
18,000 miles pretty much stock but good tires and has been taken care of. I have to drive 2 1/2 hours one way I negotiated a price of $5,000 over the phone. Seem like a decent deal to you guys? I’m a bit on the fence over the yellow, recently sold a yellow Ducati and the color was a deal color.

got an opportunity to purchase a 2013 yellow
18,000 miles pretty much stock but good tires and has been taken care of. I have to drive 2 1/2 hours one way I negotiated a price of $5,000 over the phone. Seem like a decent deal to you guys? I’m a bit on the fence over the yellow, recently sold a yellow Ducati and the color was a deal color.

You’ve seen pics? Do you have any experience with Busas, know what to look for?

Had a 2012 that was great bike .
Also had. 2003 and a 2000.
I’ve seen pictures, also owner, older gentleman, double checked chain, tires and fork seals for leaks, all looks good.

Well then, it sounds great. (You coulda mentioned that). I’ve flown and driven to several states to buy bikes and a car but only after seeing many many close up pics and talking with the seller. I considered the travel time and expense to be ‘adventure’ money. All but one turned out just fine and luckily the trip by car wasn’t too far away. Good luck! Ride it home. Oh, where is it?

Thanks
It’s in the eastern portion of riverside county in southern cal. Girlfriend and I are also going to make this a bit of an adventure. I’m looking forward to riding the Busa home it’s like 170 miles of freeway!

Couple of pics

A4776C7F-5EC5-4EFD-BA30-FFD528C81AD6.jpeg

71D2B976-D687-4F5B-B59F-B5B817F33510.jpeg

221E859F-10D6-43F1-B138-18FF1DD04BB2.jpeg

0288B395-B017-433B-80C3-1EC4FD55CBA0.png

Perris, Hemet, San Jacinto? Bring a small flashlight to peer into the tank. Maybe pour a lil Seafoam into the fuel for the ride home. Couldn’t hurt especially if it’s been sitting. If it’s a one owner get the maintenance history as best you can, it’s still a six year old bike.

I like it and it seems (at least from the pictures) to be unmolested..

I agree with the windscreen, maybe he has the stock one as well...???

The yellow models were limited and not real big sellers so who knows what their future worth would be.

I know if it were me, it'd be on a trailer and heading to my garage.

I too have driven and flown to buy cars and bikes, ridden and driven home. Take it for a thorough test ride, (most sellers will allow you to as long as they have money in hand) and if anything feels wrong don't be afraid to walk away. Go with your instincts.

Looks like a steal. If its been sitting a while, drain the tank before u ride her home. Otherwise.....nice find!
Yeller '13 is identical in every way to a yeller '15. 13 was a limited color, 15 just another palette choice.
GL,
Troy

I have driven long distances for a motorcycle. The most recent i just purchased i drove to OKC from Omaha Ne area. Was well worth it. I bought an 08 in Kansas City driving 5 hours each way. Worst i did was Salt Lake City Utah for an Honda f2 back in the day. I suggest a vid of the bike running if possible with a nice walk around. Your only traveling about 2 hours so not to much of a waste if its a scam. Be cautious of meeting at the owners house. Get the VIN in advance. If the seller doesnt want to give it up tell them its for insurance purposes. If the still dont, go the other way.

Back