2010 Vyrus 987 C3 4V: Fastest, most powerful production bike in the world...?

Black Sheep

They call me Baaah!
Donating Member
Registered
So I'm just surfing the web, came across this Motorcycle News Column at:
related NEWS

-how Vyrus Motorcycles is stating they have the Fastest Production Bike in the World.

The new Vyrus 987 C3 4V is likely to be similar in appearance to earlier Vyrus machines, but in terms of power and technology, it would be in a different world.
Vyrus_4v_silver.jpg

Ascanio Rodorigo, who worked with Massimo Tamburini at Bimota in the early-1980s, and who now runs his own motorcycle company – Vyrus – has something of a shocker in store for high-performance motorcycle enthusiasts around the world. At this year’s EICMA show in Milan, Italy, Vyrus will show its latest superbike – the 987 C3 4v – which will be fitted with the 1198cc L-twin from the Ducati 1198.

According to MCN, three versions of the Vyrus 987 C3 4V will be available, with the 170bhp, 163 kilo base model being launched towards the end of this year. A higher-spec 987 C3 4V R will pack 184bhp and weigh as little as 158 kilos, while the top-end version will get a supercharger, boosting power output to 211bhp. This bike, which will weigh about 154 kilos, will be the fastest, most powerful production bike in the world. That’s right, the supercharged Vyrus 987 will be lighter and more powerful than a Kawasaki ZZR1400, Yamaha VMax, Ducati Desmosedici RR, Ducati 1198S and the MV Agusta F4 1078RR.

211bhp for the street? Yes indeed. ‘Everybody will be able to ride it without killing themselves. The main drama is the light weight, not so much the power,’ says Rodorigo, speaking to MCN. ‘It turns easily into corners and the stability grows the closer you get to the limit. It’s incredibly confidence building,’ he adds.

The new Vyrus will be equipped with state-of-the-art electronics, including a race-spec traction control system, to allow riders to handle all that power. The bike’s innovative chassis, with hub-centre steering and front swingarm instead of the usual fork, is inherently very stable and will be refined and optimised further for the new 987.

You would probably expect the Vyrus 987 to be very expensive and you would be right, of course. According to MCN, the base model will be priced at £44,000 (US$69,500), the R version will cost £50,000 (US$79,000) and the supercharged version will carry a price tag of £71,000 (US$112,000). Whew!

We hope to bring more details on the new Vyrus 987 soon, so stay tuned!

October 13, 2009
Source: Faster&Faster.net
Link: Faster and Faster

What do you think of that?

for 69000$ i could have 2 or 3 busa built and weighting 350lbs and making way more power

So despite the fact that it is hideously ugly and waaaaay overpriced they think that it might be the fastest production bike in the world when they get it on the road. Maybe they can ask the AMA about entering it in next seasons Superbike as I think they have an opening for a bike that doesn't really meet the regulations.:laugh:

It looks like someone went to a junkyard and welded a bunch of random crap to a naked bike. What a fuggin' joke.

Last edited:
It looks like a variation of a 4 link for the front end...probably a bunch of aerospace materials...and the price reflects it.

Just another unrealistic gadget bike. what I see is an aerodynamic nightmare it may as well be naked. The front suspension, yea that looks safe. well at least it's cheap and pretty NOT.

I have to say it looks junky but I would like to ride one to feel the steering. However, $69,500 it better be the fastest thing in the world:whistle:, but I am willing to bet you take a stock busa and drop about 5 - 10 grand in it it would eat the $112,000 version of the Vyrus. In my opinion the only reason to buy one would be to waste money and to say you have one.:poke:

lot of power an light sounds good..... suspension improvements :thumbsup: the looks :whistle: price :down: Wish them luck ..... i am sure the big money people will be jumping on them who doesn't love to boast about having the most powerful street bike :thumbsup:

Looks to me like Push Me-Pull Me from Dr. Doolittle. Problem with that critter, two head and no way to know if it was coming or going.

I agree with the comment about AMA...Should fit the bill! :laugh:

Here's the Owner from Italy and his Philosophy:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back