2006 Dynojet numbers!

Mikecrt

Registered
Hi everyone, my first post to the forum, but a long time "reader"!

My 2006 is atm in a Dynojet dyno here, (Greece) and the numbers i m seeing are 163-165 rwp. Expecting a final 165 HP, and i ll post the sheet as soon as i have it tommorow afternoon when the bike is ready. I dont know what it was making before, i bought the bike used! But as soon as we put it at the dyno, it was making 157-158 hp with the "canned" map i had put in the PC3. Yosh exhaust european model bla bla.

Bike had just its big service, valve clearence done, oil, all filters cleaned-changed, spark plugs, all fluids even on clutch changed, and right after went to dyno. It now has 23700 km/14600 miles.

Mods are Yoshimura Triovale full exhaust and a DNA filter i installed yesterday in the filter box. Nothing else, no pair mod, no airbox mod. Ah, the tuning is happening on a PC3 usb.

First of all, is the above number (165) acceptable for the mods, or its a bit low-ish? Second, the bike on full acceleration is sweet, even from really low, but when u try to keep the RPM steady between 2.2 and 3.0k RPM, it surges back and forth. I told the tuner that tonight, he said he ll look it first thing in the morning. Also, when u let it decelarate, it ll do like 3 or 4 pops, medium rpms. Wondering if it is a tuning issue or something else which will be un-fixable with the PC3...Will have to wait for that to see tommorow, but so far the deceleration...explosions are still there, i heard them this afternoon on the dyno runs, when the bike was decelerating. My proper question is, shall i insist that the tuner fix that?

Thanks in advance, and greetings from Greece!

My 2006 is atm in a Dynojet dyno here, (Greece) and the numbers i m seeing are 163-165 rwp. Expecting a final 165 HP, and i ll post the sheet as soon as i have it tommorow afternoon when the bike is ready.

First of all, is the above number (165) acceptable for the mods, or its a bit low-ish?

Numbers are perfectly normal, in fact they're almost exactly the same as mine:

Secondly, remember that you cannot directly compare dyno numbers to others. They might come close, but each machine won't be calibrated exactly the same. There are also differences between air density, temps, etc. The dyno results can be skewed to try to correct for those differences, but they won't be perfect.

The only real way to use a dyno is the way you did it -- to get a before and after snapshot of your mods.

Last edited by a moderator:
#s right , do the pair mod and if it doesn't stop backfiring get the tuner to fix it. welcome to the board

i have only filter gpack power comander 3 usb exaust make 333km gps 18 front 39 rear

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, no I haven't done it...I ll read up a bit on that thanks.

I would be very suspicious of a dyno tuner who says he tunes my bike without having done the pair valve mod. It is not uncommon for 'tuners' in your island to upload maps from powercommander site and call it a day.
What have you done with the Lamdas?

Back