2005 Hayabusa NO MAJOR CHANGES!!!

You gotta be F'n kiddin me. You can put me on record, if this is true and I am not doubting you, that this will spell the end of the Hayabusa and they will put a completely different model out to replace it when sales slow enough, and/or another bike kicks its ass. Digital gauges - I like the analog but that is cool, new color schemes - what a joke they are not doing paint as well as the others out there, clear turn signal lenses - yeah I can get those for $60. Thanis for the info and please scan it!
smile.gif
I think your wrong on this one bro.  The Busa is still as hot now as it was in 1999.  Suzuki is a corporation and they are a success.  They won't just leave things alone if sales are slidding into the crapper, but just like the Katana series of bikes, don't fix it if it ain't broke.  

I am not surprised...  The Hayabusa is unique in all of motorcycling, it's no longer the CLEARLY dominant street bike it once was, but it's still the One, the Target, the Top...  Until it's clearly dethroned in every aspect, I wouldn't expect Suzuki to spend development money...
5 years is long enough without changing things up. I think the fact that they did not change or retool things now is due to the costs and because sales are probably still acceptable. They are probably planning a completely new model (IMO) to drop into the game when the ass kickin finally happens. Which I don't think is all that far away. Not to mention a digital speedo is probably cheaper to make.

Since when is it good enough, once at the top,  to just relax? Keep rasing the bar. Remember that when these types of things happen,a motorcycle gaining cult status and such wide recognition, it is a weird collison of timing, press, economies, and of course performance. Who knows how to predict what will be that successfull and what wont. But once you have attained it, don't let it go. Keep your competition, whether it be Kawi or BMW always talking about dethroning the king. McDonalds was a great example of not desparaging the competition, while letting them advertise for you. Always spend your $ talking about yourself and your product, not the competitions short comings. You never had to wonder who was on top when MCDS would advertise Big-Macs while the competitor advertised how it beat them in so & so.

I can see the write up now when it happens, "DETHRONING - Suzuki, arrogantly, thought the king would last forever!"

I guess RaiderDm had it right - "bold new graphics"

You gotta be F'n kiddin me. You can put me on record, if this is true and I am not doubting you, that this will spell the end of the Hayabusa and they will put a completely different model out to replace it when sales slow enough, and/or another bike kicks its ass. Digital gauges - I like the analog but that is cool, new color schemes - what a joke they are not doing paint as well as the others out there, clear turn signal lenses - yeah I can get those for $60. Thanis for the info and please scan it!
smile.gif
I think your wrong on this one bro.  The Busa is still as hot now as it was in 1999.  Suzuki is a corporation and they are a success.  They won't just leave things alone if sales are slidding into the crapper, but just like the Katana series of bikes, don't fix it if it ain't broke.  

I am not surprised...  The Hayabusa is unique in all of motorcycling, it's no longer the CLEARLY dominant street bike it once was, but it's still the One, the Target, the Top...  Until it's clearly dethroned in every aspect, I wouldn't expect Suzuki to spend development money...
5 years is long enough without changing things up. I think the fact that they did not change or retool things now is due to the costs and because sales are probably still acceptable. They are probably planning a completely new model (IMO) to drop into the game when the ass kickin finally happens. Which I don't think is all that far away. Not to mention a digital speedo is probably cheaper to make.

Since when is it good enough, once at the top,  to just relax? Keep rasing the bar. Remember that when these types of things happen,a motorcycle gaining cult status and such wide recognition, it is a weird collison of timing, press, economies, and of course performance. Who knows how to predict what will be that successfull and what wont. But once you have attained it, don't let it go. Keep your competition, whether it be Kawi or BMW always talking about dethroning the king. McDonalds was a great example of not desparaging the competition, while letting them advertise for you. Always spend your $ talking about yourself and your product, not the competitions short comings. You never had to wonder who was on top when MCDS would advertise Big-Macs while the competitor advertised how it beat them in so & so.

I can see the write up now when it happens, "DETHRONING - Suzuki, arrogantly, thought the king would last forever!"

I guess RaiderDm had it right - "bold new graphics"
I'm with ya, I've been thinking the Busa needs some love since about 2002.  But until sales drop...  it's just not worth the hassle.  It is the "Cult" following you mention that keeps it alive.  Besides, ignoring the Busa frees up all sorts of resources for the 600, and 1000.  This is the battle ground where yearly development is about a must or you will not sell.  If the Busa was being raced against the 12R and other "Hyper" bikes in WSB or something similar?  Then we would see more development.  

Hell, I would love to see a freshened up 30lbs lighter busa with an Extra 20 HP, and switchable ABS...  But it's not going to happen...  Which is why this.. Looks soooo  Tempting...
smile.gif

Not faster, not more powerful, but fresh and interesting...

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1094883357 -->

untitledw2jjpg.jpg

smile.gif

i'm not feeling the k1200s. i love their cars, but whoever is designing the looks of their bikes needs to get a double tap between the eyes. that bike seriously looks like it would have been on the cover of sportbike magazine about 10 years ago. that and i'm guessing it will cost about $20k.

FYI all... I checked Suzuki's site last night and got all 2004 stuff (same stuff that's been posted all year). After reading this thread I went and checked again. If you go to this link it will take you to the main street bike section. If you then click on the "Sportbike" option it takes you to a completely blank page.... as in it must either be in the process of re-worked or they are loading the sire onto thier server TODAY (normally you'd see an "under construction" page instead of a blank page.... I'll be checking every hour or so.

http://www.suzukicycles.com/Product....299EA45
That website update deal was the same thing that happened last year when the '04's were coming out. It took them 2-3 weeks to get the Busa pictures up with that jacked up off-color flash image.

smile.gif

Raider... I think I remember you saying something about "Bold New Graphics" about a month ago...
i agree. yes, the competition is getting closer but the bus is still king. suk is not going to change until sales slip or someone knock the king down. right now the bus still has a higher resale value than the zx12 and the black bird. my 99 suits me just fine, no changes needed at this point!

...Not faster, not more powerful, but fresh and interesting...
Owning a BMW motorcycle is lotsa fun. You get to know all of the techs at your dealer intimately and figure out the best places to sleep in their waiting room. Riding one is like riding any other bike with the same specs.

I had a Telelever/Paralever. BMW uses terrible stock shocks -- much worse than than the 'Busas -- however, so it didn't much matter. I had their cruise control, which broke three times in a year.

NTM, their torture rack of a stock seat and cramped hard luggage. I also had their power-assisted ABS brakes, BTW, which decided they didn't want to work anymore a couple of times at speed. Way fun.

Trust me, you're asking for it.

The S is the same story as every other BMW introduction -- lots of technology, much of it not really needed to make the riding any better. It will take them the better part of a decade to straighten out that new engine and suspension.

And it will w/o a doubt be slower than a 'Busa and has a wheelbase of an El Camino.

ED: BMW's problem is that they loathe the idea of being a German Ducati -- that is -- a quirky-but-shapely boutique design that needs a lot of TLC to stay on the road. Trouble is, that's what they build, and it ain't even red, neither.

They want to build Volksbikes, but they still want to charge $16k throw in all kinds of gadgets.

<!--EDIT|mcoyote
Reason for Edit: None given...|1094888315 -->

...Not faster, not more powerful, but fresh and interesting...
Owning a BMW motorcycle is lotsa fun. You get to know all of the techs at your dealer intimately and figure out the best places to sleep in their waiting room. Riding one is like riding any other bike with the same specs.

I had a Telelever/Paralever. BMW uses terrible stock shocks -- much worse than than the 'Busas -- however, so it didn't much matter. I had their cruise control, which broke three times in a year.

NTM, their torture rack of a stock seat and cramped hard luggage. I also had their power-assisted ABS brakes, BTW, which decided they didn't want to work anymore a couple of times at speed. Way fun.

Trust me, you're asking for it.

The S is the same story as every other BMW introduction -- lots of technology, much of it not really needed to make the riding any better. It will take them the better part of a decade to straighten out that new engine and suspension.

And it will w/o a doubt be slower than a 'Busa and has a wheelbase of an El Camino.
So this would NOT be a positive review??? I hear ya, if the price is right who knows, but really it's the swingarm and the technology that gets to me. I figure I'll go ssee one in person. I generally think that the BMW designers get nice and sauced up in the evenings after designing the cars, and say "OK Let's build a bike He He!!"

LUCKY DEVIL... Good to see you here sorry I overlooked you with the Tampa area stuff, we all need to get together..

Rev

Rev, don't be turned to the dark side! You gotta figure there must be SOMETHING to the fork design used by all the major manufacturers of the BEST sportbikes on the planet. I don't see K's suspension as more than a gimmick. Probably goess into a horrendous wobble at speeds over 150. I'm all for innovation but BMW's trying to be different eliminated ALL road feel from previous models. And BMW is NOT a manufacturer of ANY 'best' sprotbikes. Eh... get what ya like.
smile.gif

damn, just talked to the local dealership here and the salesguy said that if they have the folder with the 05's the manager wouldn't even let him see it.
mad.gif

I had a BMW car and honestly, i will never have another one. All that money for sub standard assembly and discutable reliability car and parts, not even counting the extremely expensive maintenance schedule...You can pretty much guess what i think about their bikes...

As for the K1200S, i donèt feel it will be the 'Busa Killer' it is being said it will be. I can with all confidence take my busa to speeds that would defy any reason or logic and trust i will not suffer a breakdown...Would i try the same thing with a BMW bike with the experience i have had with their cars? I very much doubt so.

As far as Suzuki's decision not to take the bike and completely revamp it, i am very disapointed. this means that the bike will have the same look for 6 years... This is a long time for a redesign. Granted the busa was 'avant gardiste' in 1999, it has become the standard but the issue is that the standard is being copied over and over... We need a new fresh face in the neighborhood...something fierce, mean, bad ass, killer...something that will inspire awe and fear just like the busa did in 1999...

C'Mon Suzuki, you can do better than that...

I'm not really surprised when they have a currently winning formula. Think about the new coke... Lotsa money, lotsa hype and a total flop.

If suzuki were to redo the busa from head to toe, there would likely be all kinds of heartburn from the community. Some would love, some would hate and it would rock the boat.

I imagine as they see annual sales begin to decline below some level, then they will begin to experiment and try to spruce things up a little. my 2 cents and quite possibly entirely wrong
smile.gif

dd

One Bonus of the 05 Busa's having clear front signals is that we wont have to suffer anymore with Clear alternatives garbage front lenses. We'll be able to order direct from the factory...
smile.gif

I think Suk should do like Porshe does with the 911. Never change it completely , just keep improving it. I dont have a prob with the overall looks of the busa. But id love to see it getting the updates it needs. More power , better brakes , HID lights , less weight etc. That would keep the busa fans , old and new , happy as clams. However happy a clam is. sj

The Busa's going where the ZX-11 went-- Sport tourer! Very disappointing! At least they could've made some small performance changes (weight or HP). Stupid bulllsh!t if you ask me.

Hello, btw! Been a long time, but I'm getting Busa fever again
smile.gif

Back