Hayabusa Owners Group

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2004 ZX12R for sale

Redog

Registered
Have an 04 ZX12R for sale. Bought new in summer of 04, rode until the fall
and hasn't been started since. Tons of aftermarket carbon, power commander,pipe, lights etc
Needs a good home. Bike is located in Mt. Airy Maryland.
Contact if interested.
No reasonable offer refused.
Jay

IMG_0028.jpg

IMG_0023.jpg

IMG_0027.jpg

Hi, welcome along.
Interesting sale of an iconic Kawasaki . . .
Are you saying it has not run since 2004?
How many miles on the clock?
Can you give a little more info on why it lay idle for 20 years?
Looking forward to hearing more about it, and tell us all a bit about yourself and your bikes :rolleyes:

I believe what he means is that he is the original owner from 2004 .

The bike hasn’t been sitting for 20 years but was last ridden in the autumn of 2023 and has not been started yet this year.

To the original poster .

Since there is no real description of the bike .

I will offer you 3000 dollars and come fetch it from New England .

The Bike has not been started since 2004. Original owner. Bike has about 7000 miles on it. I think.
Your 3000.00 offer is low but I understand. If I was near the bike for a week or more I would buy a battery and fire it up.
Most of the aftermarket stuff needs installation. I believe I have the original pipe and a Pitbull stand.
I am 64 years old now and in fair condition. Lost interest in the bike due to jetskiing and skydiving. Bike was inside the entire time but for the last 5 years, it's been in a trailer. Next to a Ninja 250 that has 500 miles on it, in the same condition and for sale also.
Redog

So, what brought you to a Hayabusa forum, @Redog? Are you looking at getting a Busa as a replacement or just trying to sell the bike? Just want to know what to expect moving forward.

piemdw1645503623438.jpg

Charlie Brown Christmas GIF

Last edited:
The Bike has not been started since 2004. Original owner. Bike has about 7000 miles on it. I think.
Your 3000.00 offer is low but I understand. If I was near the bike for a week or more I would buy a battery and fire it up.
Most of the aftermarket stuff needs installation. I believe I have the original pipe and a Pitbull stand.
I am 64 years old now and in fair condition. Lost interest in the bike due to jetskiing and skydiving. Bike was inside the entire time but for the last 5 years, it's been in a trailer. Next to a Ninja 250 that has 500 miles on it, in the same condition and for sale also.
Redog
First. I am not looking to buy this bike. So I'm just going to be frank. I did just buy a bike that day since 2014. In a climate controlled barn.

The likelihood that it will just "put in a battery and fire right up" aren't high.

The fuel system, at the least, will need to be completely gone over.

But you still have a great "find" for the right person looking.

Redog
Timmyduck offer is not bad, it is more than i would offer. As stated the entire fuel system will need to be cleaned for sure. If TD buys it im sure it will be at my shop soon!
It is in nice shape, looks aren't everything though

Wow.. Did you by chance drain the fuel out before you let it sit? This would make a good youtube video i think..
Have to wonder if the fuel pump even works.. maybe the brake fluid has moisture in it, which might heat up and apply the brakes on you..
Have to wonder what it looks like inside the bottom of the gas tank.. it might be rusted and ready to leak.. also wonder what the oil looks like..
I would definitely look in the tank first.. change the oil second and change the brake fluid before riding.

I just met a guy who had a 2000 zx6r red with 1000 miles on it.. was scratchless..and the guy had a slow spill on it now it looks like. such a shame.

Top Bottom