2004 governor/RPM/speed limiter- removal!

Todd Marsh

Registered
I am looking at removing the engine governor on a 2004 'limited' (red in color) Busa. I am unsure how Suzuki has done this Governor, but I really would like to hear from someone knowledgeable on the subject. I am guessing its a 6th gear only,  RPM limiter,  done with the factory computer mapping?

Would a V&H Commander module,  in addition to giving added fuel mapping flexibility, remove, or allow removal of Governor? What about added performance down in the lower 1-3 gears?

<!--EDIT|Todd Marsh
Reason for Edit: None given...|1096964504 -->

You need a TRE (timing retard eliminator)...available off ebay... and some guys on this site sell them.
smile.gif

You need a TRE (timing retard eliminator)...available off ebay... and some guys on this site sell them.  
smile.gif
What's a TRE?
rock.gif
Kevin are you making fun of it or do you really not know what one is?

If you don't know, It is a timinig retarder eliminator. It gets rid of the 184 speed restriction and also gives you a little more power in the lower gears. Soem people say they work for the lower gears, others say it does't. I think everyone agrees that it removes the speed restriction.

All kidding aside the TRE actually fools the ECU into thinking it has a jet engine instead of 4 pistons. This silences the dingle alarm and prevents side fumbling on the tremule pipe. The marsal viens are then free to flow unlimited capacitive duractance. Don't ask where I heard this stuff but it is from an unimpeachable source!
smile.gif

Source credits: Dan rather research team.
rock.gif

Actually not making fun of you Todd Marsh and welcome aboard. This Q is always asked by newcomers and is legitimate as it still seems to be a source of debate. We need a difinitive TRE thread and stick pin it for the new folks. Otherwise try the search bar at the top of the page.
smile.gif

The search function was the first thing I used. I searched "governor removal" and "governor" and got 0 (zero) information. Try, you'll see. I agree it should be a sticky at the top of the 'MODIFICATION' section, as well as a proper piece of equiptment should be sold & available that actually removes the speed limit control, but also makes the bike stronger in the lower gears. Imagine that.

Justintime2,

I read your initial explanation in the office and I'm in tears laughing. It's funny, but long before I bought my Busa I knew about the TRE and the speed restriction. I also knew the bike does not go any faster than 194 mph in stock form. BUT WHEN I BOUGHT MY BLUE/SILVER BUSA IN MARCH 2004 I DIDN'T KNOW THERE WAS A RED LIMITED EDITION AVAILABLE AND I ALWAYS DREAMED OF HAVING AN ARREST-ME-RED MOTORCYCLE AND NOW I HAVE TO MAKE FUN OF THOSE '04 LIMITED OWNERS AND TELL THEM THEIR BIKES ARE PINK BECAUSE I'M JEALOUS AND BECAUSE THEY DO PHOTOGRAPH PINK AND I WANT ONE SO BAD WHO WANTS TO TRADE I'LL THROW IN MY $45,000 WORTH OF CORBIN SEATS WITH HEMORRHOID PILLOW BACKREST.

Actually not making fun of you Todd Marsh and welcome aboard. This Q is always asked by newcomers and is legitimate as it still seems to be a source of debate. We need a difinitive TRE thread and stick pin it for the new folks. Otherwise try the search bar at the top of the page.
smile.gif
I wasn't making fun of anyone. It seems that every time someone askes that question, someone asks, "what's a tre" This time I was first.

By the way, I never thought I would see a need for one, but after riding with "ride or fish" from this group, I hit the limiter a couple of times. Maybe it's time for Kevin to get a TRE.

smile.gif

smile.gif

So does the commander module from V&H do anything to rid the limiter or TRE in 6th gear as well as added performance for a otherwise stock Busa?

Justintime2,

I read your initial explanation in the office and I'm in tears laughing. It's funny, but long before I bought my Busa I knew about the TRE and the speed restriction. I also knew the bike does not go any faster than 194 mph in stock form. BUT WHEN I BOUGHT MY BLUE/SILVER BUSA IN MARCH 2004 I DIDN'T KNOW THERE WAS A RED LIMITED EDITION AVAILABLE AND I ALWAYS DREAMED OF HAVING AN ARREST-ME-RED MOTORCYCLE AND NOW I HAVE TO MAKE FUN OF THOSE '04 LIMITED OWNERS AND TELL THEM THEIR BIKES ARE PINK BECAUSE I'M JEALOUS AND BECAUSE THEY DO PHOTOGRAPH PINK AND I WANT ONE SO BAD WHO WANTS TO TRADE I'LL THROW IN MY $45,000 WORTH OF CORBIN SEATS WITH HEMORRHOID PILLOW BACKREST.
Ya good times! Why don't you pick up this guys red plastics?
rock.gif

smile.gif

The search function was the first thing I used. I searched "governor removal" and "governor" and got 0 (zero) information. Try, you'll see. I agree it should be a sticky at the top of the 'MODIFICATION' section, as well as a proper piece of equiptment should be sold & available that actually removes the speed limit control, but also makes the bike stronger in the lower gears. Imagine that.
Search TRE in topic titles from this year and you should get plenty of hits. This conversation is always going on!
smile.gif

Re: 2004 governor/RPM/speed limiter- removal!

Search TRE in topic titles from this year and you should get plenty of hits. This conversation is always going on!
smile.gif

I find some of the comments on the Busa interesting I have a K4 2004 which was timed at 305 klm per hour by radar and I was in 5th gear

Back