2000 BUSA relay on fuse block??

SMARTIE516

Registered
i bought a wrecked busa. there is some sort of relay right next to the fusses. it is a 2 inch by 1 inch relay right next to the fuse block..can anyone name it? if i jump the connections my fuel pump starts up and i can run it. when not jumped it has only electric to lights.mabey it is something i dont know of.please someone look at there fusses and tell me if there is a relay or switch or connector that plugs in right next to the fusses?

<!--EDIT|SMARTIE516
Reason for Edit: None given...|1122950637 -->

It's called a turn signal relay. Service manual refers to it as the 'Turn Signal/Side Stand relay'.
Recall last year seeing it OEM parts list going for $58. Can't find it on the micro-fiche now. Dealer may have better luck.
Best bet is to hit up a salvage yard and pull it from a bike. I bet it's a common part for Suzuki bikes.
All else fails, can wire in your own relay. See service manual for schematic and wiring. The signal relay can use a standard auto signal relay.

Don't do it buy the relay.I brought one identical to yours and it would turn over but not spark to make bike run.I got it cheap cause mechanic didn't know this.This is also what let's spark get to the wires.

That's true. The name implies a minor function like a turn signal relay. But a second relay is inside that uses input from safety switchs in the kick stand, gear position and clutch. Once all is set the relay actuates to allow the ECU to start the engine.

Back