200+ mph

2001 Black and Silver,....after Yoshi cans, K&N, full airbox mod (and then some), ATRE, speedohealer dialed-in, perfect tune (175 RWHP), full tuck,
70 degree day, long flat straight-away,.............6th gear into the rev limiter with stock gearing.

Speedo shows right at 200,...........but to be quite honest,...........I really don't care to watch the speedo after 150 mph. :laugh:

I don't even have a clue what speeds are reached in the last three gears.
Its eyes on the road to survive at these speeds.

Pine

You can get 205 out of a stock GenII on teh perfect day but requires a very dialed in bike with an AFR tuner of some sort - and as above Deb is the authority on this - I have spent a lot of time with Brock Davidson and he has done 205 stock but it wasnt easy - I have done 198 but havnt run sionce my latest mods 190+ is harder than you think .

Yes there is a formula out there sonewhere about hp to speed

Just got back from an awesome weekend @ the Texas Mile:

In ref to a gen II -
slowest pass out of the six I made - 195.667 best - 197.892 mph. This is a stock motor lowered and piped (yosh r77) bike with a power commander and a wide band commander installed for tuning and no air filter for track day and running m 109 for fuel my number on this bike was #210

My first documented pass over 200 was aboard the Team Scott Guthrie / Mr Turbo Racing Turbo 00 Busa / first pass was 219.902 second pass was 221.864 mph number on this bike was #1101

gen II bike in "stock" form prolly could have been in the 200 club itself if tracation off the line would have been better for that kind mph and so little HP you need the Whole Surface to muster up every inch of speed.

It was a blast and I got to meet some really Great People.

Shane Stubbs :thumbsup:

IMO it won't happen on a "stock" bike. Even if you remove the speed restriction the best I've heard a truly stock Hayabusa running (on a track) is 193-194. Even the Gen II won't crack 200 without mods. Low 190's are possible.

Debbie

+1...

I have doen it many times, but that is on my Green Dragon Turbo. IT WILL NOT HAPPEN ON A STOCK BIKE OR EVEN SLIGHTLY MOD. PERIOD

I rode the Autobahns in Germany to well over 200 with gearing, PC III, K&N filters, Air box mod, block offs, ZG Double Bubble, Helibars, Harpoon CF cans and Conti Road Attack tires and Brembos on a euro 01 model. I had 11 minutes of clear brand new Autobahn road to do it. 5 of 7 high speed runs took me over 200. The 2 slower efforts had me shytin at 185when air flow messed with my head. The suspension compressed and at first this scared me. Then I looked for it. The Goal of 200 isn't for the light hearted and has to be done in a controlled environment. I have yet to try the Texas mile or drag raced a busa. I like space for a run and shut down. Besides wheelies on my daily rider are not for me. ha ha

i Have had my 2007 to its top speed with restrictions off and rev limiter bumped to 11.500 up from 10.800 rpm pc3, boz b2 exhaust with the inners removed for the run, a 40 shot of NOS and 110 torco racing fuel
but still no correct speedo or gps... so I dont know if it was 194-200 203 or what but I know it sure wasnt 186 lol

Last edited:
Bring it to Maxton and see what it can really do. :thumbsup:
i Have had my 2007 to its top speed with restrictions off and rev limiter bumped to 11.500 up from 10.800 rpm pc3, boz b2 exhaust with the inners removed for the run, a 40 shot of NOS and 110 torco racing fuel
but still no correct speedo or gps... so I dont know if it was 194-200 203 or what but I know it sure wasnt 186 lol

On my Stock 08 I pegged the speedo I know actual speed was about 184-186. I used to hit 170 on a daily basis in front of IB MotorSports (Insane Bike) here in Fresno

Back