200+ mph

Homie

Registered
Is there anyone among the riders of Hayabusa.org members who have seriously been 200+, on the street, riding a stock GSX1300R of any year? Please let me know. I have been 165 on mine and I had plenty of throttle left. I know I could have gone faster but I would have missed my exit. Can anyone answer to this question?

IMO it won't happen on a "stock" bike. Even if you remove the speed restriction the best I've heard a truly stock Hayabusa running (on a track) is 193-194. Even the Gen II won't crack 200 without mods. Low 190's are possible.

Debbie

you heard it from the pro-Deb knows her stuff:bowdown:
I've had my bike past 190 but that was w/pipe,PCIII,air filter,n small box mod.

2001 Black and Silver,....after Yoshi cans, K&N, full airbox mod (and then some), ATRE, speedohealer dialed-in, perfect tune (175 RWHP), full tuck,
70 degree day, long flat straight-away,.............6th gear into the rev limiter with stock gearing.

Speedo shows right at 200,...........but to be quite honest,...........I really don't care to watch the speedo after 150 mph. :laugh:

2001 Black and Silver,....after Yoshi cans, K&N, full airbox mod (and then some), ATRE, speedohealer dialed-in, perfect tune (175 RWHP), full tuck,
70 degree day, long flat straight-away,.............6th gear into the rev limiter with stock gearing.

Speedo shows right at 200,...........but to be quite honest,...........I really don't care to watch the speedo after 150 mph. :laugh:
The factory speedos are all off. GPS on mine showed 8% which 200 indicated was actually only 184.

I thought 175rwhp wasnt enough to make 200mph? there was some formula i seen around here?

what type of gearing did you have?

We've also heard that calibrating the speedo healer doesn't hold even throughout the whole speed range. I'm not sure what's been improved on the new ones, hopefully this addressed that situation but as was said, if you don't have timing lights then a GPS read is a must.

IMO it won't happen on a "stock" bike. Even if you remove the speed restriction the best I've heard a truly stock Hayabusa running (on a track) is 193-194. Even the Gen II won't crack 200 without mods. Low 190's are possible.

Debbie

She knows, been there, done that, and has the star wars tee shirt to prove it.

need to account for tire slippage at speed too... I know I sawed a set of tires off on a couple full tilt runs...

I have had mine red lined & lost the speedometer. I don't know for sure what I was running but I know it was Rippn' !!!!:thumbsup:

Last edited:
A truly stock GenI (probably 99-01 bikes are probably the fastest) will run 172ish in the dirt. A truly stock GenII will run to the 186 limiter in the dirt.

A "stock" (making quotes in the air) Gen I will run 192ish on the dirt or salt (my 06Limited was the fastest "stock" 1350 at Bonneville last year).

A "stock" (making quotes in the air) Gen II will run 205.1MPH two way average on the salt.

I don't know about on the street - I don't run fast on the street. Deb or others from Maxton/Texas would be the authorities on pavement.

Back