2 Riders Killed

Gixx1300R,
Hello from an FD brother in Bellingham, WA. I know the stuff we see every week isn't easy but when you see a motorcycle fatality, and your a rider, it sticks with you. This is even closer to home because a Busa was involved. Since we all ride the king of bikes and are king of the hill, we can sometimes get a sense of invinceability. This certainly puts a visual image to the reality that we are not. Great job clip'n the roof and poppin the door. The fate of these bikers was decided before your still alarm was tripped.

thesnake,
We just call men and women - Fire Fighters, no distinction!
smile.gif

I have never seen a Busa look like that before... wow!

the most common motorcycle accident occurrs when a car pulls out in front of the bike... We read posts about these types of accidents quite often as well... I never high speed the bike on streets where cars can pull in front of ya anytime... Keep the high speed on the highway if your gonna do it... Less variables to worry about. Not to mention the cars on the side streets aren't anticipating you are going 100+ so they think they have more time then they really do to get out of the way.

prayers go to the riders.. I hope it was quick.
sad.gif

Cloud

<!--EDIT|Cloud9
Reason for Edit: None given...|1089920645 -->

It seems that they were going so fast that the driver of the car thought he had plent of time to make the turn.

Sobering...very. Hats off to you Gixx...I know that the job can be hard sometimes...

Near my house on the Blue ridge Parkway a guy was killed and his girl on the back in serious condition from riding too fast. All to often people are flying down the PW going way too fast like they're trying to prove something. Now because of this crash, the State Police and Park Rangers have set up radar all over and are watching all bikers real closely. All i see is stupidity from people when i ride, is this a new trend? Have the moronic import car racers ventured to the bike market? Because all i see is shorts,tanktops and sometimes sandals on the younger crowd on their 600's. I wear boots, jeans, gloves, my ballistic jacket and my helmet when out riding. I know that other than my blue jeans that i'm protected for the most part, but the stupidity of these morons in shorts not only hurts them, it hurts the whole motorcycle community with the laws that get past from the accidents the squids have.  

You know, it's one thing to cruise around town on your bike in shorts and no shoes, that's bad enough. But these idiots are roaming the Parkway, running hard, leaning aggressively in the same gear! Idiots.
I'd like to pound some sense into them boys.:angry:

<!--EDIT|GMbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1089994914 -->

All i see is stupidity from people when i ride, is this a new trend? Have the moronic import car racers ventured to the bike market? Because all i see is shorts,tanktops and sometimes sandals on the younger crowd on their 600's.[/QUOTE]

I mentioned this in another thread a few days ago.
It's just getting worse every year. Sport bikes are becoming nothing more than fashion statements for tards and as someone else mentioned, the ease of financing these days is making it easy for them.

This epidemic of bare back stunting squids is making all the REAL riders pay in more ways than one...high insurance rates and disdain from the general public. (any squids that don't like me using the word REAL can go @#$# themselves!).

Besides tracks and dragstrips, there are plenty of unused country roads or desert roads in this country where you can have all the fun you want with no intersecting roads, businesses or houses for 20+ miles. You don't risk anyone else, you lessen the risk to yourself and since there are no side roads there are no places for leo's to hide and take your license away.

Of course you can't be stylin' if there's no spectators eh?
smile.gif

I wear boots, jeans, gloves, my ballistic jacket and my helmet when out riding. I know that other than my blue jeans that i'm protected for the most part, but the stupidity of these morons in shorts not only hurts them, it hurts the whole motorcycle community with the laws that get past from the accidents the squids have.[/QUOTE]

I've also got the expensive helmet (with a name I can't even pronounce), armored jacket, leather steel reinforced boots and good gloves. The weak point has always been jeans for me since riding pants are too inconvenient.

Just received my pair of Draggin' Jeans yesterday and I love them! Heavy denim lined with thick Kevlar inside the ass and knees. I also got the optional CE approved dual density knee/shin armor that attaches inside the jeans. They fit, look and feel awesome even with the armor installed. You can go to a restaurant, amusement park or whatever and not look like a clown baking in your own sweat.
The Kevlar causes them to be just a bit warmer than regular jeans.
I've also read a number of good reviews from people who have put them to the test...and not just on Draggins web site.

I wouldn't take them to a track day but for general cruising I think they are a great choice.

its a terrible think to think about just reading it on the board gives me the chills had many close calls my self its a tough job you guys have my hat goes out to ya

Twice just this week I found myself having to come to a stop on rural highways as a car was backing out of a driveway and didn't see me. You just can't ride too fast when there is a chance of someone or something (wildlife) darting out in front of you.

Always sad to hear, man. Gotta always be on your p's and q's. Just tonight some of us were coming back 4am on back roads and must have seen 1/2 dozen deer. Be ye also ready! Be blessed and be safe.

BD

Obviously a tragic event. Sometimes you just never know. Gixx, I didn't get to the thread before you removed the pics can you send me a link?

Back