1st turbo bike

Hey guys new to the site looks great though. Just got my turbo 2001 thing rips used to ride gixxer 1100 water pumper she ran ok 9.86 at 136 slammed and stretched. New busa is unreal though stage 1 turbo I think it is either RCC or f.a.s.t. It made 252 rwhp at 6psi then he fattened it up a little and it makes about 240 nice and safe for street. I am getting set up right now to race MIROCK True Street got the mcintosh arm and Co2 shifter here to put on. I have a question do iridium plugs help pick up power with these turbos. I have a 8psi ,and 10psi spring coming for the tial 38mm what is my limit on fuel and engine stability 280-300 rwhp. No aftermarket injectors allowed or secondaries added. Thanks guys for any help ohh yeah just got leather suit so I can finally get to Atco to test I am 125lbs no leathers what should this baby go if I can get it to 60ft and keep front end down.

Its all in the 60 foots. Good luck.
beerchug.gif

i would not use iridium tipped plugs for turbo or nitrous use. pick the coldest plug you can run without fouling and use a standard tipped plug.

avoid using projected tip plugs. the more metal exposed to the combustion chamber. the more of a chance it can become something that will glow red hot and cause preignition. iridium tips are very fine tips and under higher combustion tempratures, it can glow hot. same with projected tipped plugs, the added length to the ground strap makes for another glow canidate.

standard tipped plugs having a wider electrode are less likely to glow.

on another note, they say iridum can withstand higher temps and last longer. but i still dont buy it. nitrous guys wont use them (i certainly did not) why would you;)

The iridium plugs are not worth the extra money, put in the stock plug c9 I think and make a pass then take a look at them all 4 not just one if they don't show any thing weird run a 2-3 more passes if they still look ok leave them there. one thing though race gas is rough on plugs keep spares if you start to feel a miss a plugs the most likely prob. with the 10 spring in the gate and a little boost creep you mat get 11-12 psi boost with stock injectors you will be at there limit don't let the boosted fuel pres go much over 100 psi the injectors may stick or lock up, Iv never had it happen but some poeple claim to have so its possable I geuss? this etuup ia provided you have a spacer and the comps lowered if you have stock comprestion do not go more than 6-7 psi boost, it will melt something pistons or head gasket at least..... good luck Be Safe Go Fast

Hey guys new to the site looks great though. Just got my turbo 2001 thing rips used to ride gixxer 1100 water pumper she ran ok 9.86 at 136 slammed and stretched. New busa is unreal though stage 1 turbo I think it is either RCC or f.a.s.t. It made 252 rwhp at 6psi then he fattened it up a little and it makes about 240 nice and safe for street. I am getting set up right now to race MIROCK True Street got the mcintosh arm and Co2 shifter here to put on. I have a question do iridium plugs help pick up power with these turbos. I have a 8psi ,and 10psi spring coming for the tial 38mm what is my limit on fuel and engine stability 280-300 rwhp. No aftermarket injectors allowed or secondaries added. Thanks guys for any help ohh yeah just got leather suit so I can finally get to Atco to test I am 125lbs no leathers what should this baby go if I can get it to 60ft and keep front end down.
Your full power will come from your tune.....spend some time on the dyno. Use good fuel 100 octane or better for racing. Get in touch with 69LS1 he has a really nice True Street Package.

Back