Hayabusa Owners Group

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st track day in 18 yrs

doniton2

Registered
it started a little slow, with some moisture on the track from the rain the night before and my tire psi way to high. with the lap times in the 1:40s.
the 2nd session I followed a control rider for a couple laps then got the times down to the upper 2:20s
in the 3rd session they went down to the low 2:20s
at lunch I got a pic of Till our exchange student from Germany and my son with the umberella girls.
in the 4th session I started to feel it again but kept getting cought up in traffic. the lap times dropped to the 2:12s
a guy in the pits next to us had a bad crash (broken hip) so I missed my 5th session getting his stuff loaded up so the other guys with him could get to the hospital.
in the 6th and final session I got 3 laps with no traffic and ran a 2:10.3 and two 2:10.2s so I was very happy. it was a blast and I am going to have problems resricting my self to only a couple of these a year.

_DSC1407.jpg

_DSC1477.jpg

_DSC1594.jpg

_DSC1596.jpg

_DSC1600.jpg

_DSC1671.jpg

_DSC1678.jpg

20110813-MCRA Heartland Park-2505.jpg

20110813-MCRA Heartland Park-2541.jpg

Outstanding, another addict!

Where was this at? I'd come do it to just to get a pic with those umbrella girls WOWOW.

Awesome! I have been waiting for you to post pics! Glad you had fun John. Wish I could have been there with you. You were gettin low in those turns, looked like a blast!

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Here is that in MO?

Looks like a great time! I'm sure you're addicted now :bowdown:

Oh, yea, that's a 10-12 hour drive. I have business in St. Louis so if it was near there, I'd have a chance at it bummer.

I'm gonna have to talk TwoBrothersBusa into a Trackday Road trip (with his RV and trailer) one of these days :)

Very cool John, track days are addictive!

Good Job!!! I bet Till has some very envious friends back home. You guys are going to be at the top of request list for the exchange students now. :laugh:

Let me guess you've never been to the track :poke:

Great share :thumbsup:

Looking good. I'm thinking about taking the new scoot out there for the 10/2 track day. I should be capable of spending a day out by then.

When I read you were running 1:40's right out of the shoot, I was ready to quit riding :laugh:

my edit button is gone that's susposed to be 2:40s:laugh: that would be something to run a 1:40.
I used to race in the late 80s and early 90s
153-me-old-gateway.jpg

Very nice pics, Looks like a great time

appears you had a great time...nice pics :beerchug:

Looks great. When I get my Gen2...turning my Gen1 into the track bike.

awesome! Looking good!
guess we could have run a little harder at the meet and greet! :laugh:

I knew watching that little bit of GoPro i took would get you back to the track! My next day is Sept30-Oct1...

How long is that track?

Top Bottom