1st scare on the busa!

So does the busa take a busa specific tire? My frien was telling me some companys make a busa specific tire, I thought it was just a 190 like my r1?

(fastnotch2002 @ Apr. 25 2007,08:13) So does the busa take a busa specific tire?  My frien was telling me some companys make a busa specific tire, I thought it was just a 190 like my r1?
Call your friend an idiot
biggrin.gif

You can run any 190 or 180, possibly any 200 tire on the bike you want to.

There is no such thing as a Busa specific tire.

For some reason I am expecting to be
flamethrowingsmiley.gif
on my little comment.
ices_rofl.gif

I like 34 front 35 rear so far. 40 seems way high to me. On the 750, I ran 30/31 or 30/30 since it was a lighter bike.

(Revvv @ Apr. 25 2007,08:36)
(fastnotch2002 @ Apr. 25 2007,08:13) So does the busa take a busa specific tire?  My frien was telling me some companys make a busa specific tire, I thought it was just a 190 like my r1?
Call your friend an idiot  
biggrin.gif

You can run any 190 or 180, possibly any 200 tire on the bike you want to.

There is no such thing as a Busa specific tire.

For some reason I am expecting to be  
flamethrowingsmiley.gif
 on my little comment.  
ices_rofl.gif
LOL, He thinks your the idiot!
poke.gif

Michelin pilot sport HPX-PSR09
Bridgestone BT56
Metzler M1

All make a Busa specific tire. That was straight from Iron Pony.

What I was wondering if the regular pilot powers will hold up.

I think its all from the riders choice...for me? PPs are for liter bikes, but alot of members here using it for better tractions and the results is they get anywhere from 2000 miles to 3500 miles at the most...
So, I'm with sports touring tires, they will not go as far as the street racing tires...but, in the warm day at the clean corner of any pavement it will do the job as good as the street racing tires...and on top of that? I get twice the milege.
This time I've got a new set of BT-021(new in 07, it has a dual comp. in it...) I'll put the review when I feel it first, but it still in my living room...will take it to the shop this week some time...
And the Battlerocks...it is not a trackday tires...do not confuse...
rock.gif

BT021R.jpg

it's probably just a tire that has a little harder compound so they don't ware out as fast as the softer tires. To make up for the added weight.

(Spudley @ Apr. 25 2007,05:02) BEEN PUTIN' UP WITH THAT CRAP FOR TWO YEARS....ENOUGH WITH THE BRIDGESTONES.......whoever thought that was a good tire is lyin'.....no really......I've been putin', up with that rearend stuff for too long....it really gets old when you're right out of the garage.....pull out into traffic with a bit of throttle, 70 degree day, and the rearend gives ya a slip..........

ENOUGH WITH THESE TIRES....................I'm buying Metzelers...........  
super.gif
Got the Metzler M3...great tire. You'll feel the difference in cornering after you scrub them in. Because it has a higher arching profile than the stock BT56, the bike has more grip (tire on the street) in a lean and falls in faster as well.

Still wondering how many miles I'll get...only got 4000 out of the stockers.

I dont think it matters what tire you run, you cant get much mileage on a bike with that amount of torque. I had a 2000, and it had Road Piolets on it and at 75mph when I double pumped it to bring it up into a wheelie, it lit the tire up and then lifted the bike up. Hard in the middle, and soft on the outer sides! Good luck fastnotch!!!

(Spudley @ Apr. 25 2007,05:02) BEEN PUTIN' UP WITH THAT CRAP FOR TWO YEARS....ENOUGH WITH THE BRIDGESTONES.......whoever thought that was a good tire is lyin'.....no really......I've been putin', up with that rearend stuff for too long....it really gets old when you're right out of the garage.....pull out into traffic with a bit of throttle, 70 degree day, and the rearend gives ya a slip..........

ENOUGH WITH THESE TIRES....................I'm buying Metzelers...........  
super.gif
+1 I miss my M3s !!

Night and day difference for me when i got rid of the stock axes and put on the dunlop qualifiers... on my second rear qualifier and have no issues with them...

(notman @ Apr. 24 2007,17:13) lose the axes go back to the pilots......i have the new 2CT i would rather spend the money on sticky tires,than on all the "other stuff" if you know what i mean
2ND THAT

Back