1981 suzuki gs750L

JeffSyh

Registered
I've been looking for an older bike to fix up and ride due to insurance prices I pay $259 a month on the busa and don't ride it as much now and would rather just do the random permits and was wondering what people know about GS750's? Plates are only $10 a month since it's an "antique". I was -9 years old when it came out lol.

Link to the ad.

Don't expect any sort of modern feel or ride to the old gal, they are what they are.........an old bike and were nothing special in their day as they were overshadowed by the other brands.

However they were typical of the era, bullet proof, reliable with spaghetti frames, pogo sticks for suspension and wooden bricks for brakes but fun as heck to ride...

That's a crazy insurance price for your bike BTW........

Don't expect any sort of modern feel or ride to the old gal, they are what they are.........an old bike and were nothing special in their day as they were overshadowed by the other brands.

However they were typical of the era, bullet proof, reliable with spaghetti frames, pogo sticks for suspension and wooden bricks for brakes but fun as heck to ride...

That's a crazy insurance price for your bike BTW........
Welcome to saskatchewan where riding a bike is outlawed and you only have 1 insurance company to pick from SGI.... I also have a 9% discount... I wouldn't ride it if I had a bad driving record.

$259 a month for insurance on a Hayabusa, WOW! I pay $98 a month for full coverage on the hayabusa, full coverage on my CTSV, liability on my honda accord and renters insurance.

Can't speak on the bike though, never rode one before.

$259 a month for insurance on a Hayabusa, WOW! I pay $98 a month for full coverage on the hayabusa, full coverage on my CTSV, liability on my honda accord and renters insurance.

Can't speak on the bike though, never rode one before.
Yes plus gas it's getting pretty pricey and I have issues staying out of the throttle.

Hahaha why? Oldest bike I've owned was a 91 zx7 man do I miss that bike.
I remember when those 750Ls came out....they had lots of competition in those days...

My first ever bike was a 1960something 80cc bike which had a chrome gas tank and was converted into a pseudo dirt bike....I was a very young lad but knew how to change points and carried an extra set of points and condenser as well as a spark plug or two in my pocket just in case...

I used to mix the gas and oil right in the gas tank...we never really knew what the ratio was...if it started it was ok....and if it smoked it was even better...if it didn't smoke enough, we added more 2 stroke oil to the tank...which was held on by a piece of wire so it could be taken off quickly to carry home in case I ran out of gas...which I often did.

Hahaha why? Oldest bike I've owned was a 91 zx7 man do I miss that bike.

Flexy frame, non-adjustable pogo suspension, wooden brakes...with an engine with just enough power to make you notice the above, oh...and the air cooled engine will help keep you warm, lmao!

Sooooooooo bad idea or good??? Hahahaha.

Only you can answer that.
Riding that 70's 750 vs the 90's 750 would be dramatic enough, let alone a Busa.
I'm not talking power either.
I say it's worth the experience if nothing else.

Only you can answer that.
Riding that 70's 750 vs the 90's 750 would be dramatic enough, let alone a Busa.
I'm not talking power either.
I say it's worth the experience if nothing else.
To get antique plates the vehicle has to be 1987 or older, so I'm stuck in that range. I do have a vacuum gauges for carbs and know a decent amount so that doesn't bother me.

I had the 850L for a few years .

Called it the Gen 1 Hayabusa’s grandfather.

Flogged the heck out of that bike for a few years then sold her.

Fun factor is a 7

Performance is a 2 .

4CD309DF-E577-47E4-93AE-B5BD9F2688AE.jpeg

I had the 850L for a few years .

Called it the Gen 1 Hayabusa’s grandfather.

Flogged the heck out of that bike for a few years then sold her.

Fun factor is a 7

Performance is a 2 .

View attachment 1652712

Grandfather to the Hayabusa?

Maybe the original Katana and definitely the GSXR line....maybe the GS1150....(which set the standard for 1/4 mile times in 1984 of 10.4 seconds with Jay Gleason)

Back