1957 vs. 2007

I'd like to blame every greedy lawyer and special interest group that's sprung up in the last 20 years...also, our slack-ass judicial system that doesn't really give a crap when a pedophile is caught...all those that feel everyone can be "rehabilitated" and then set them loose once again on society so we can all be in shock when they revert back to the useless sack of cells they really are...
As a society WE stood idly by and allowed/enabled this to happen.

I have heard that if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

I'd like to blame every greedy lawyer and special interest group that's sprung up in the last 20 years...also, our slack-ass judicial system that doesn't really give a crap when a pedophile is caught...all those that feel everyone can be "rehabilitated" and then set them loose once again on society so we can all be in shock when they revert back to the useless sack of cells they really are...
As a society WE stood idly by and allowed/enabled this to happen.

I have heard that if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
Well, I suppose I wasn't pulling my political weight when I was 0-17, but I do what I can each year when I vote AND I VOTE EVERY TIME, I gladly write pissy letters to anyone that will listen, my name's been in the paper slamming local board members more than a few times, and I don't mind speaking my mind to whomever will listen...

I can't do it alone...so, I start with my kids and protecting them, hoping they'll be better citizens than others around me that don't give a crap...

And what exactly are YOU doing?

Not reproducing.
Yeah, I kind of figured you were back-handing those of us that opted for families...

Move on man. I'm not even discussing how you think you're doing it all right and the rest of us are the problem
ohthedrama.gif

Not reproducing.
Yeah, I kind of figured you were back-handing those of us that opted for families...

Move on man.  I'm not even discussing how you think you're doing it all right and the rest of us are the problem
ohthedrama.gif
When did I say I was right? I remeber saying WE let this happen to America.

Typical chic. only reads and comprehends the part that keeps her arguing.

Not reproducing.

Move on man. I'm not even discussing how you think you're doing it all right and the rest of us are the problem
ohthedrama.gif
When did I say I was right? I remeber saying WE let this happen to America.

Typical chic. only reads and comprehends the part that keeps her arguing.
Yeah, that's it...you've got it all figured out...

Moving on, again...
whistling.gif

I noticed yu didn't say anything about when I said I was right and everyone else was the problem. Oh yea, I didn't.
deadhorse.gif

Not reproducing.
So it sounds to me like your answer to the problem is avoiding it, based on your answer to what are you doing to fix it.

I take my hat off to "VaBusa" ....
hello.gif
.......at least they recognize there is a problem and are trying to make a difference.  Most people live in their bubble, only worrying about what they bump into.  It is very few that put it out there and try to make a difference.

I don't have children yet, but not because I am avoiding bringing them up in todays world...but because I know I am not emotionally ready to raise a child...no way could I do what my parents did with me.  Once I think I can handle it...bring it on.  I will probably be one of those parents that does try to change the world....one small peice at a time.

At least kaosccw knows enough to stay out of the gene pool, no need to say more.

Well, welcome to the oRg and what a wonderful first post...
smile.gif
Not just saying that because I got the old
hello.gif
either
laugh.gif

I hate to sound like I've given up, but I did the best I could do for my kids, and I live my life and treat those I come in contact with well; but I've seen over the years where the little guy gets ran over by laywers, and corporate America, not to mention the good ol special interest groups that people support without thought.

And I see some of the things being talked about in this thread up close on a daily basis. It's worse than you think.

So it sounds to me like your answer to the problem is avoiding it, based on your answer to what are you doing to fix it.

At least kaosccw knows enough to stay out of the gene pool, no need to say more.
You're almost right. I'm doing as much to fix it as I did to screw it up.

I don't have children because I haven't found anyone qualified yet to help me raise a child.

Back