175 Miles to tank Question.

Speed King

Banned
I went for a ride today.
I rode 175 miles to a tank of gas when the gas light came on.

Can anyone tell me if thats good gas milage? Or is it about average.

I don't remember how much you are supposed to have left when the light comes on, I just gave you the full tank to empty numbers.

Assuming you started out with a full tank:
175 miles divided by the number of gallons to fill up = actual MPG.

I don't remember how much you are supposed to have left when the light comes on, I just gave you the full tank to empty numbers.

I am guessing like a 1 gallon cause I have never been able to put no 5 gallons of fuel in my bike after the light came on mine is a Gen 1 maybe a smaller tank mine gets a little more mileage than that. But acceleration has a lot to do with fuel economy why the numbers vary so much

I am guessing like a 1 gallon cause I have never been able to put no 5 gallons of fuel in my bike after the light came on mine is a Gen 1 maybe a smaller tank mine gets a little more mileage than that. But acceleration has a lot to do with fuel economy why the numbers vary so much

If there is 1gal. left when the light comes on then
175mi/4.5gal= 38.9 (sounds more like it)
175mi/4.1gal= 42.7 (Ca model, and darn good too)

I went for a ride today.
I rode 175 miles to a tank of gas when the gas light came on.

Can anyone tell me if thats good gas milage? Or is it about average.

What year is your bike?

Over the years tank size has been 5.5-5.8 gals for non CA bikes...5.0-5.3 for CA bikes.

Next time start with a full tank, then top it off after your ride. Then you will know how many gallons you used. Stock Busa can get as much as 45-55 mpg depending on how hard you push it.
Posted via Mobile Device

What year is your bike?

Over the years tank size has been 5.5-5.8 gals for non CA bikes...5.0-5.3 for CA bikes.

Next time start with a full tank, then top it off after your ride. Then you will know how many gallons you used. Stock Busa can get as much as 45-55 mpg depending on how hard you push it.
Posted via Mobile Device

2008 Hayabusa

i drove 175 miles on one tank....figured it was good enough to put more gas in...

I have got as much as 215 out of my 08 when the light came on. It was most HW miles at a speed of 60 to 70 MPH. By your screen name I am sure you ride much faster then that:laugh:

there is approximately 1 gallon left in the tank when the light comes on as it usually takes about 4.5-4.6 to fill up if i stop right then...the farthest i've ever pushed it was 5.213 gallons when i stopped

On the way home from Eureka Springs last weekend I ran 210 miles befoer the light came on. Luci gets 44.7 mpg @ 75 mph.

i uasually do not let the light come on, and gas up at 1/2 a tank. :whistle: hay i live in Wyoming, gas can be 100mi away. but when i have, its around 180ish miles.

i love playing with the mpg readout. ride around on the highway for 100mi or so. watch it click to 48mpg :poke: then start smokin the tire and watch it drop:laugh:

The wife and I rode 180 miles at a fairly sporty pace after filling up yesterday and the light never came on, but it was getting close. That's on an 09 with a ZG Sport Touring windscreen and M4 slip-ons. Also, it was all open road and there was very little stop and go.

the average trip milage I get out of my 06, just cruisin and with the trailer behind it, is 300 to a tank, which equals to 187 miles. So yea 180 is about right.

Now Speedking, if your light comes on at 175, you can still do how much after it's on?
I've done about 25 miles after the light came on

Assuming you started out with a full tank:
175 miles divided by the number of gallons to fill up = actual MPG.

+1000

That's the way I always check my actual MPG. Start with a full tank. Reset trip counter to 0. When you wanna know MPG for your trip, full tank again. then MPG = Trip Miles / How much you just filled to make it full tank again.

+1000

That's the way I always check my actual MPG. Start with a full tank. Reset trip counter to 0. When you wanna know MPG for your trip, full tank again. then MPG = Trip Miles / How much you just filled to make it full tank again.

the problem with that is your trip counter is most likely off by at least 7-10% if you haven't corrected it

Back