17 years and first accident update

smedly

Registered
Well,a couple of updates in the past few days .
Driver's insurance company went from not returning my calls and not accepting liability to accepting full liability . That happened as soon as they got the accident report from the police .
My primary care physician is looking to keep me out of work 4-6 weeks due to the nature of my job . I'm a Deputy Sheriff and can't effectively perform my duties if I can't even lift 5 lbs w/o severe pain on left side where only now the bruising is starting to come up .
Got the estimate to repair my Busa this morning........ $13261.76 including labor and tax . The stock exhaust mufflers are over $1400 a piece . The source of the oil leak was thankfully what I thought it was .The magneto cover .
The driver that hit me is an attorney . Figures .
Now waiting to see what State Farm decides in regards to fixing or totalling . We'll see.what happens .
Pain is a lot more tolerable but going nuts not being able to do anything .
Realizing on a daily basis how amazing my wife is and how lucky I am . Also how much I miss not having a Hayabusa . Its all I've ridden for 15 years.

I'm happy for you that things are now moving forward. It's great new that the other guys insurance are now accepting full liability. If it was my bike being brand new i would want it replaced like for like, as it's your hard earned money you have put into buying it. I wish you all the best for getting back to full health, and having a loving partner in life is priceless as i think we all know.

Driver's insurance company went from not returning my calls and not accepting liability to accepting full liability . That happened as soon as they got the accident report from the police .
My primary care physician is looking to keep me out of work 4-6 weeks due to the nature of my job . I'm a Deputy Sheriff and can't effectively perform my duties if I can't even lift 5 lbs w/o severe pain on left side where only now the bruising is starting to come up .
Got the estimate to repair my Busa this morning........ $13261.76 including labor and tax . The stock exhaust mufflers are over $1400 a piece . The source of the oil leak was thankfully what I thought it was .The magneto cover .
Now waiting to see what State Farm decides in regards to fixing or totalling . We'll see.what happens .
Realizing on a daily basis how amazing my wife is and how lucky I am . Also how much I miss not having a Hayabusa . Its all I've ridden for 15 years.
Your experience mirror’s my own. I lost my bike, much of my physical strength , and years of the life I hoped I would lead. Thank god for our women. Good luck to you.

Hope the insurance takes care of you and you can fully recover soon.

A sad thing to have happen for certain, you will be back on a Hayabusa before you know it thankfully...

Thank goodness that:

a, you have a good lady taking care of you
b. insurance is looking after you
c. you have a decent job that won't throw you to the curb for being off
e. bikes can be replaced, there is only one of you
f. you didn't lose your mind and do something at the accident scene you'd regret later

I don't care if the other guy is a lawyer or not, he still almost took your life with careless driving skills. Make sure your lawyer is the only one they talk to, and leave you out of the loop so you can focus on getting your bike repaired, and getting yourself back to good health. more importantly, the latter. :thumbsup:

Back