12 hour days!!!

yamahor

DEAD MAN WALKING
Donating Member
Registered
my job sucks........ I have been working 12+ hr days this week, on the upside, 3 DAY WEEKEND!!!! DC bike show!!!!! Vic, I'll get you the pics ASAP, I've just been sleeping and working, and spendin some time on the board...... Anyway, I should have some free time to sort through stuff this weekend.

I have been in your shoes man and I know those locg days get old after a few in a row.

Yeah, we just started working 10's today.
Sucks when you are used to 8's.
Schedule's now 5 10's and an 8.
Little extra money will help though.

Last paycheck I had over 45 hours of just ot. This is a two week pay period and I had over another week of pay on it.

If I got paid hourly, I wouldn't mind it so much, but I work on commission.....
mad.gif
Anybody lnow of a good job that requires little to no experience that pays about 30-40k a year? I'll accept higher paying jobs also!!
biggrin.gif
laugh.gif

Jeez you guys think your days are long
Mine =(by the way I am an Owner operator ...aka trucker) up at 0430 off to work 0450 Arrive to pick up load 0600 help load..0600-0700 depart...0715 drive load to Newark DE which is 493.52miles @ average 55mph MUST be there before 18:00 or risk shutting down plant assembly line.( Canada's Brampton plant was down for 14minutes..(which equalled a $16400 fine to my company from a driver being late and shutting down the line)...drop trailer deal with paperwork...drive another 8miles p/u other trailer ...begin drive back....shut down when sleepy apprx 21:30-22:30...for 6hours...grab another load off to ??

FUn stuff...but wouldn't trade it

<!--EDIT|Widowmaker
Reason for Edit: None given...|1137031669 -->

Jeez you guys think your days are long
Mine =(by the way I am an Owner operator ...aka trucker) up at 0430 off to work 0450 Arrive to pick up load 0600 help load..0600-0700 depart...0715 drive load to Newark DE which is 493.52miles @ average 55mph MUST be there before 18:00 or risk shutting down plant assembly line.( Canada's Brampton plant was down for 14minutes..(which equalled a $16400 fine to my company from a driver being late and shutting down the line)...drop trailer deal with paperwork...drive another 8miles p/u other trailer ...begin drive back....shut down when sleepy apprx 21:30-22:30...for 6hours...grab another load off to ??

FUn stuff...but wouldn't trade it
dayumm....... I couldn't do that, I start to fall asleep after 2 hours behind the wheel.......

I went on a month long field exercise once and we only slept about 4 hours a night. That shid will kill you.

12 hour days? That seems about normal for my job.
down.gif
I forgot what an 8 hour day feels like.

And you can forget about the extra money. No such thing as over-time here. All we get is CTE (Compensatory Time Earned). Well, that, and a paycheck.

No one on their deathbed ever says, ".... if only I could have worked one more day...."

- Author I have no clue

whats an 8 hour day at the dealership we work 5 10 hour days and 7 on saturdays it gets old sometimes

12 hour days suck...
sad.gif

my longest single workday, with no sleep, was something like 77 hours...
wow.gif
and when I did get to sleep I slept for like 12 hours....

I need your jobs. I work 12 hour days every day 5 days a week. all year long .But if you want to play with toys you have to pay for toys..

12 hour days are norm for me.... Sun, Mon, Tue, and every other Wed 12 hr day shift...
Payoff is 3 and 4 days off every week.
Work half the year and paid for full time job...

Maybe I am the exception, but 12hr days are the best.
smile.gif

mad.gif
Anybody lnow of a good job that requires little to no experience that pays about 30-40k a year? I'll accept higher paying jobs also!!
biggrin.gif
laugh.gif
director.gif
It seems like your setting the bar pretty low for yourself.With just a little effort on your part-yeah 30-40k,--- but put in a little more effort and 70-80k makes life alot more livable.  If you have a degree or need one try to find out how to be and Air Traffic Controller.Great benefits-health,retirement,sick leave(13 days a year),vacation pay (up to 26 days a year) and all the ass holes you'd ever want to meet.All this for a starting pay of 35k and within 3years you'll be making 80k and after 18 yrs about 130k+++. Just a heads up...the government needs air traffic controllers in the next 3-10 years. One thing thou, you need to handle stress well, and handle the ass holes well( they are the stress.) AND IT'S ONLY 40 hours a week!!!!

mad.gif
biggrin.gif
laugh.gif
director.gif
It seems like your setting the bar pretty low for yourself.With just a little effort on your part-yeah 30-40k,--- but put in a little more effort and 70-80k makes life alot more livable.  If you have a degree or need one try to find out how to be and Air Traffic Controller.Great benefits-health,retirement,sick leave(13 days a year),vacation pay (up to 26 days a year) and all the ass holes you'd ever want to meet.All this for a starting pay of 35k and within 3years you'll be making 80k and after 18 yrs about 130k+++. Just a heads up...the government needs air traffic controllers in the next 3-10 years. One thing thou, you need to handle stress well, and handle the ass holes well( they are the stress.) AND IT'S ONLY 40 hours a week!!!!
hmmmmmmmm..... how does one become an Air traffic controller?

Back