1/4 mile times and speeds

Ok I will try another way.
The TRE does nothing to timing after 4K
you are never under 4K on a track so the TRE is worthless.

the TRE puts the bike in a 5th gear fuel map 5% richer so in gears 1-4 you are adding fuel.......
with no mapping like yours this would help.
that is why I said once you get a PC you would throw the TRE away.

sunday, ran 9.73@143 with a 1.62 60'

and finished 3rd.
smile.gif

I know everyone has a different set-up and different mods, so to compare equallly, this post is only for people that are running stock engines, stock wheelbase, street tire, sprocket combo optional, strapped and lowered.
Exhaust system and PC being the only performance mods...

No air shifters
No NOS
No turbo
No cams
No headwork
Engine completely stock.

My best was a 9.95 @ 144 at 2800' altitude

You wanna compare different mods? Start another post...
Just want the folks on this board to no the potential of their bikes......... Bernie Jones has a Hayabusa that has seen 9.20's in the 1/4! With NO ENGINE BIG BORE, NO NOS, NO CAMS, NO HEADWORK, NO TURBO! (Ok, I admit it has been stretched with extended swing-arm, and has a slick.) But, the only other mods are clutch work, lowered, wheelie bar, Pipe, PowerCommander, air filter, delay box, and ONE VERY TALENTED DRIVER!!!! Just because you haven't seen it done doesn't mean its impossible.............

Pro ET
Rider Name   Home Town     RT    ET    Speed:
Bernie Jones  Wichita, KS  .512  9.378  137.02

BUT DON'T TAKE MY WORD FOR IT; COME ON OUT TO NOBLE ON THE 19th-20th OF JULY (In OKlahoma) AND SEE IT FOR YOURSELF. (actuall results of round 2 can be found here) PRO ET

<span style='color:blue'>All the brock mods stock wheelbase 9.33@149.9
on pump gas 6.02@122 in the 1/8 mile 1.52 short times
and yes a stock motor busa with the mods will go 9.20'sbrock has one that went in the teens no NOS on motor
jump9.gif
</span>

Welcome to the site StockBusa...... Thanks for support on this matter! Sometimes its hard to believe what has been done with some of these bikes. I no the folks here are all of good character and intent and I respect their oppinions...... You can gain alot of useful insight and tips here at the board, together everyone can put together some very usefull information about and for the Hayabusa! Thanks so far to everyone who has posted their own personel experience with the different set-ups...............Ks

<span style='color:red'></span><span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'></span> OK let me understand this  the stock 99busa to 01 is supposed to run a 9.89sec 1/4 mi. and those of us who may have piped and power commanded added the K&N sys. added a better cams and are still only pulling a 9.44 sec at 146mph 1/4 and these guys can run a 9.2 stock?:super: The fastest turbo bikes are only running 7.8sec+ and with 75 shot NOS I run a flat 9.0 to 9.24 I know there are guys with just engine rebuilds running in the high 8's but lets be realistic at leastdrag bikes
I agree.
If anyone is running quicker than 9.5's with a stock Busa, I'd have to see it to believe it.
Most stock Busa's I have seen are lucky to get into the 9's at all. (of course that is the rider's fault)
I am 110% behind you guys. I ran my stock engine lowest 9.46@145mph and that is after one year pushing. Now with all my mod's(8"over,big airbox mod,Ti-Force,MCR2,stock EMC,shifter and light,17/42) ,i ran 8.90@158mph on my first weekend out.Next week i 'll try 60 dry shot.

Killer_busa.jpg

i picked up my 03 limited edition busa 1 month ago and bone stock from the show room floor with out even so much as a tire preasure change i ran a best of 10.47 at 138 with bad 1.80 60 foot times i weigh just about 250 im sure the will go faster but that is my best to date

sunday, ran 9.73@143 with a 1.62 60'

and finished 3rd.  :)
it is all 60' as you see :kick:
finally broke my best time...

9.723 @ 142.22 - 1.644 60'

found that my 330's are getting quicker, while 60's stay slow.

anybody have a pair of bolt-on extensions for sale? pref used... cheap$$ for me right now.
and one week later, broke my best time again. this time did it sitting up. was at the 1000' and saw this turbo kaw drag bike catching up, so I let off but I still broke out by 7 hundredths.

dialed 9.77
ran 9.70 sitting up in the 3rd round. shoulda tapped the brakes damnit!!! had I won that, would have had a bye into the finals....    :mad:

only got 2 elims (stupid slow ass jr. dragsters)
and both runs were 9.776
scary how all my incrementals were identical yesterday. soon as I had to go against this one dude, I knew I had to give it all she got. was one tenth ahead of all my previous runs by the 330.

had I stayed in it that last run, would have been a 9.67!

next race in 2 weeks........... can't wait.....................  :alcoholic:  :alcoholic:

car# 6024 is me...

the top two time slips were the time trials.
just look at the incrementals from the 330 and on.....

the bottom slip is the 1st elimination. the #'s on that slip are soooooooo close too.... the 1/4 is slower cuz I sat up just at the 1000'

I didnt post the 2nd elim cuz the other guy red lit and I cruised down the track... the 3rd elim is the one I broke out by .07s

IM000287.JPG

Good goin Cache!!
Keep it up, improve by little bits each time, until you level out.
Your local track doesn't have a test-n-tune day, or a street race night?

Back