09 Hayabusa vs. 08 ZX-10

lika1

Registered
What do you guys think of this match up? I know the Busa has ~194 hp at the crank / ~175 hp at the wheel stock,...... does anyone know what the 08 ZX-10 has for hp stock. My friend claims that his ZX-10 has 189 at the wheel but I find that hard to believe; all he has is a slip on exhaust, BMC race filter and a PC V tuned by certified DynoJet tuner. I just don't see that kind of hp with what he's put into it.........is it possible?

Last edited:
I have a 08 zx10 and he's not making 189rwhp. the 10 is a fast bike, but with the mods you listed that your friend has, it's not going to put those numbers down.

Well his numbers may be a bit high. But those '08 ZX-10's are beasts! I like my BUSA though thank you :laugh:

i have both bikes , 09 White Busa , 08 ZX10 Green , ZX10 is a very fast bike , but can't match GENII on top speed and stability on very high speeds ...

my 08 ZX10 ,
02-174.jpg

03-131.jpg

my 09 Busa ,
01-1762.jpg

I think with equal riders (weight and skill) stock vs's stock the Busa wins from a stand still. On a roll the zx10 might pull some... busa feels much more stable at high speeds.

The ZX10 makes 11 BHP less than the GenII Hayabusa, and weighs about 120 lbs less. Don't bet money against one. They have a slight power to weight advantage for a rider 170lbs or less, meaning in a drag race, a pro would probably go faster on the 10 all things being the same. Top speed is probably a different story. At the loring time trials this month, every GenII there was well over 200 mph. Bullet Bob whent 214 on his orange/ black 08 on motor. Yikes.

Keep in mind, at the drag strip, any newish GSXR1k, ZX14, ZX10, or GenII Busa is capable of 9.0 quarter mile times @ 150 to 153 mph for an average size rider with only minor chassis tweaks (good tire, strap, pipe, and tune. I have seen a stock motor ZX10 go 155 in the quarter when the air was good. They are all great bikes, but they all have very different personalities. Don't bet against any of them unless you do it for a living...

Last edited:
The '09 specs I could find indicated 160 RWHP he may have added a little or backed up a little with his mods :beerchug:

Won't be a issue 09 busa 330m osd I have ran a modded 09 zx10 from a roll not a issue real rider too. Ouh and me and my buddy weigh about a pound diff.:thumbsup:

Won't be a issue 09 busa 330m osd I have ran a modded 09 zx10 from a roll not a issue real rider too. Ouh and me and my buddy weigh about a pound diff.:thumbsup:

so your saying you out run a 08 zx10 with a 330 fat tire busa, I'm not being a smart a$$, I just trying to make sure I understand correctly. Brian

Riders being equal, the ZX10 will get the jump. The Busa will real it back in with enough road, and be a whole lot more comfy and stable doing it.

I've only had the pleasure of racing one. That guy on that bike was no match for the Gen II. We did it from about a 60 mph roll, which should have given him his perfect opportunity. The Busa is just too fast. :laugh:

:poke: ZX10 is a beast. I love my g2 Busa, and its top end and stability are paramount, but all things being equal as far as rider skill and weight, I expect the Z to win through the quarter and up to 150mph, where its aerodynamics fall flat after. :beerchug:

The zx10 is very hard to launch. After that bikes are very even until very high speed where Busa rules again. But ZX10 is a prupose built sportbike while Busa has more to offer imo. Do a 200 miles ride with a zx10 and you'll understand. But to your question - they're close in performance

i have both bikes , 09 White Busa , 08 ZX10 Green , ZX10 is a very fast bike , but can't match GENII on top speed and stability on very high speeds ...

my 08 ZX10 ,
02-174.jpg

03-131.jpg

my 09 Busa ,
01-1762.jpg

Nice looking ZX-10! You love those pig spotters huh? :laugh:
Are you leaning your bike against that park bench!? ???

so your saying you out run a 08 zx10 with a 330 fat tire busa, I'm not being a smart a$$, I just trying to make sure I understand correctly. Brian[/QUOTE)

Yes my bike as pulled away from one at various speeds. OSD setup in 100+ vegas weather.:thumbsup:

Back