08 for 2 mo first crash

Ineed some advice. Layeddown the busa the other day.I was only going about 25mph.Dont have pics sorry.Ineed to replace RH frame cover,RH cowling,cowling body front, cowling under center and Rh mirrior.Alot scuffs and burns.I want to do this myself to save some labor costs and Im not claiming it Ipay enough now.This is my first busa should I attempt this or suck it up and have it done.The bike seems to run fine and straight and all seems well except cosmectics.Should i pay the dealer the 79.00 to do there so called crash analayis?

its up to you..... theoretically the frame could be cracked..... but..... not likely depending how hard you went down. I wouldn't myself....

Sorry bro. This is a big drag, for sure. I'd pay the dealer; but that's me. There are people here who are far more technical.

Good luck.

Thanx man Now im all freked out about cracked frames as someone mentioned.It was a very slow soft hit and slide.And someone just contacted me on the org. and wants the plastics ,so that'll help.Ijust pray the internals are ok

Find someone that knows what they're doing, save yourself some $$$.

taking the plastics off is not that hard. take them down and inspect the bike yourself. cracks/fractures are realitively easy to find if you take your time. just my 2 cents. and some..not all.. dealerships will rip you, especially since times are slow and they're definately looking for some work.

thanx for all the advice Actually not dealing with the suzuki dealer . Never really liked the way the whole purchase went when i bought the bike.Selected a place called speed demon cycles in bloomfield CT.They came and picked the bike up on sat.Things will get rollin soon. First fixing crash damage.Dealt directly with owner seemed like staight up guy.:please::please::please::please:

I'd say depending on your own mechanicial ability, I'd strip the plastics and then check the bike over myself. If it was a low speed lay down, not a hard hit, I'm guessing your internals should be OK. BUT---check 'em before you ride. You got a buddy or two that are into bikes to help you? Sometimes that's good too.

Good luck with the repairs man and I hope you get your baby up and running soon.. If you need more parts as you tear into her, make sure you post up here on the board as most people will either donate or sell off extra parts at a reasonable price... :beerchug:

Call your ins co. and just ask. When my 99 fell off the side stand it buggered up $ 2200 worth of stuff. I was going to eat it at first then I figured what the hay and made the call. They fixed and my premiums never went up. Did not even go up when they paid out 8500 when the 99 was stolen. It wont hurt to ask. Glad you are ok and I pray it will all work out for you soon. Good luck, Mike

sucks i all most ate it today some ******* in a brown harley f-150 pulled in my lane thank god i was at 100% or my ass would be toasted. but i got hit on my 03 busa about 5 years ago 30mph over 12k in damage frame was cracked going down the tripple tree

Having a bike can get pretty expensive when you crash or drop it.
My first bike was a 2007 ZZR600 kawasaki and i crashed it twice.
First time i crashed it was because i grabbed the front brake to hard and me and the bike did a summer sult:laugh:, i messed my hand and leg up pretty good and the guy in front of me that i was following too closely to drove me to the hospital. It cost me $2000.00 out of my pocket to repair the fairing, i had the dealer repair it.
My 2nd accident with the same bike was about four months later when i was entering an on ramp to get onto the freeway, i was doing around 50 mph when i hit a concrete divider and i got thrown from my bike, my bike slide about thirty feet. I cracked my stator cover and there was a big puddle of oil all over and i cracked my left side fairing, bummer. I fixed the stator cover {$135 bucks} but did not replace the left side fairing.
The next summer of 2008 i bought a 2008 hayabusa and two weeks after i had it i forgot to put the kickstand down and it fell over, its a good thing i had frame sliders because the only thing i broke was the clutch lever, i have the pazzo shortys now.
What it all boils down to is ARE YOU EXPERIENCED:laugh:

Back