08 busa vs 2012 zx-14

kountrywill

Registered
08 busa head and cams by williford racing 17-46 gearing, air shifter, ecu tuned, 8 inch , VS 2012 zx-14 6 in stock gearing ecu flashed. Busa rider 180lbs 14 rider 190lbs.Who wins this race in a 1st and 2nd gear roll on? Equal riders of course.

Because of gearing advantage, I would say the Hayabusa would win in the lower gears as well as any other gear. Sure the ZX14 may have a TQ advantage in the lower RPMS the gearing alone takes care of that.

Well the busa is mine so no other mods. As for the 14 thats all that was told to me. The 14 also has an air shifter. Other than that thats it. Thanks busashot for the input.

Well the busa is mine so no other mods. As for the 14 thats all that was told to me. The 14 also has an air shifter. Other than that thats it. Thanks busashot for the input.

Usually the money is won by not telling all :poke:

How much HP do you think the heads and cam gave you? If they netted you 20HP, I think it will be pretty much dead even.

according to rodney 24 to be exact.

Yea but how good are your supporting mods? ie; exhaust, intake, etc. Your bike could make 190hp or 210hp.

It's not hard to get some good gains on a Gen II so 200hp is just around the corner. If you have a gearing advantage and do not suffer traction loss, you will win. How much? Depends on riders, actual roll-on speeds and rpms in whatever gear you start in.

Seriously? Stock pipe, stock height, stock tire, etc...?

Got-Busa.. .Brocks alien head, lowered 1 inch in front barely touching in the back. Tightened up shock with a shinko hookup. No air filter, no back brakes or rotor.

The busa should win,it has a few more hp and the weight is considerably less,
makes it 30lb lighter with a 10lb lighter rider
plus the gearing advantage. If u do not win,something is fishy.

08 busa head and cams by williford racing 17-46 gearing, air shifter, ecu tuned, 8 inch , VS 2012 zx-14 6 in stock gearing ecu flashed. Busa rider 180lbs 14 rider 190lbs.Who wins this race in a 1st and 2nd gear roll on? Equal riders of course.

With just your gearing changes you would win this race, at the worst a close tie, but with all I see that you have done, this is pretty much an easy win.

Back