05 Hayabusa

tms7887

Registered
Have 05 Hayabusa 1300r that I am having a cranking problem with. I turn the key to start up and hold in the clutch and can hear the fuel pump kick on and all the lights turn on. When i press in the start button the lights got out and I can hear a click from by the battery area and noticed that when i attach the voltmeter the volts drop down to 6 or 7 until i let off start button. After I let off button all the lights and gauges rest. I replaced the rectifier and just put brand new battery in there over weekend. Any help you would help out alot.

check your kickstand switch .. clean it... easy thing to start with.. hope nothing wrong with stator..
did you try to push start it??
what kind of mods you have in the bike like pc.etc etc...??? have you done any mods or changes to the bike recently??

Then again if you just replaced it you may want to check charging voltage at the battery once you get it started.

Haven't done any mods to it since got it. Only maintenance i completed was change oil and radiator flush about 2 months ago or so.

Sounds like the obvious......but Like said above I would check charging voltage. I believe in the maintenance manual it has step by step process for this, even though it is simple.

Also might want to check your regulator/rectifyier and make sure it's sending enough voltage to your battery to keep it up to par.

Back