04 Busa hesitation

If you've been doing hard accelerations and bounced it off the red line a few times, you probably burned a valve or something.

Aside from that, check all your fuel lines to make sure they are connected properly. Also, check your vacuum lines to be sure there are no cracks. Disconnect them all and check the ends of each connection point. An older bike like yours can easily have failures in this area. It's easy to check, too.

If that doesn't help, synch your throttle bodies. Also, check your tappet clearances to be sure you don't have any of them out of synch.

If all of that fails, you can check your fuel filter and fuel pump. Again, on an older bike, these can become issues.

Last but not least, double check the fuel injectors. Service on these could be needed. Usually, Sea Foam will clear up any problems, though, so start there.

That's the short list. You already put it back to the stock ECU and factory settings so if that didn't solve the problem, then let us know how these other items worked. Just do one thing at a time, easiest to most difficult (cheapest to most expensive :) ) and keep us posted on your progress.

--Wag--

rpm limiter won't prevent burning valves?
i have hit the redline many times,,
how to check valves?
Posted via Mobile Device

Nope. I think you've fried the valves.

Sounds like you're in for some shop time.

--Wag--

Personally, I don't know. Like I said, get it into the shop and see what they say about it.

--Wag--

Hmm mine sounds like it could be the fuel pump or fuel filter causing issues because at idle with my blinkers on I can hear a high pitch wine alternating on and off from the fuel pump. When I get back from vacation I will start by checking vacuum and fuel lines then moving onto cleaning fuel filter, injectors and testing the fuel pump. let me know how it turns out KJ

I zero mapped the PCIII,, unplugged ignition module and quick shifter,, took the bike for a ride and the problem is gone,, i hope this eliminates valves and TB sync,, i guess its either PCIII is defective,, or fuel delivery can't catch up with PCIII for a reason,,
What do you think?
Posted via Mobile Device

Given the process of elimination, sounds like the PC is your problem. Do you have a tuner you can take it to and put it on the dyno?

--Wag--

Back