Hayabusa Owners Group

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

.  .  .  T  H  I  N  K  .  .  .

Kanman

Registered
What in the world is going on here? I live in a town with a population of less than 400K. In less than 10 days now we have had 5 motorcycle related DEATHS. You read it right, 5 deaths (not injuries) but dead people. 4 separate crashes.

Guys and gals take a minute to review your safety training. If you haven't had any, now would be a great time to go get some. Even guys who have been riding for years can learn a little from a training course, Great place to meet new riding buddies, and maybe become a mentor of a new rider who desperately needs your knowledge.

Riding season is just starting. There will be more accidents. Pay attention folks!

Also, with gas prices getting higher now and in the future more people will be riding scoots and motos as an alternative.

Yep, far too many gone this riding season already
sad.gif

"The Wichita Police Department just started a new advertising campaign with public service announcements aimed at getting drivers to watch out for motorcycles." I wish we would do that here. When we were driving home from the bash, Nashville and Memphis had big signs reading "Watch out for Motorcycles".

I've been riding a lot of years and IMO the cagers are worse now than ever before (cellphones, and just general lack of ability or concern) - and compound that with just the shear increase in volume on the roads these days. So yes, STAY ALERT - it's combat out there - take no prisoners.

Just finished my class today. 88 degrees on blacktop sitting on a bike for 8 hrs. No to mention that i only own a joe rocket jacket and full face helmet. Good times but glad i did it
thumb_up.gif

"The Wichita Police Department just started a new advertising campaign with public service announcements aimed at getting drivers to watch out for motorcycles." I wish we would do that here. When we were driving home from the bash, Nashville and Memphis had big signs reading "Watch out for Motorcycles".
thumb_up.gif

New Jersey's program: http://www.state.nj.us/mvc/Licenses/njridesafe/index.htm

May is Motorcycle saftey awareness month andf the focus is on making drivers more aware of riders.

Everyone please take a MSF sponsored rider course...

KDOT , is also supporting the cause. We are using Scout Boards (Overhead Signs) posting Motorcycle Awareness.
ThumbsUp.gif
ThumbsUp.gif

ThumbsUp.gif

Its like when winter hits. Everybody forgets how to drive and it takes a couple of weeks for people to remember what they're doing. Unfortunatly there are people dying during that transition.

lots of crashes around here in fact everyday and i mean everyday there are 1 to 2 accidents involving motorcycles here locally the first thing i heard on the news this morning was that a motorcyclist had crashed

I think a lot of it is that there are so many folks switching to cycles due to gas and that along with all the idiots watching TV, talking on their phone while driving and on an on it gos we pay the price

Top Bottom