5 second boot up on new PC...

Mr Bogus

Trouble Makers Inc.
Donating Member
Registered
Ok so I built this hotrod PC and now fooling around with some of the "on board" frills...

Express Gate: from cold boot to Internet in 5 seconds... (demo ad)

ordered my new Lian Li case.. LIAN LI PC-P80

lianli.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
with riding season about over here, I had to have new toy :) (and Karen says no more girls :( )

Hibernate mode is about 10 - 15 seconds start time. That's my fave.
5 seconds is REALLY REALLY good! have you installed any SOFTWARE on it yet though? :D
Which OS are you on?

Which OS are you on?

Linux

With a fast bootup speed of only 5 seconds, the ASUS Express Gate offers an optional Linux OS bootup that allows you to enjoy instant access to commonly used functions like accessing the Internet, VoIP, and Web emailing without entering the OS.

Linux

With a fast bootup speed of only 5 seconds, the ASUS Express Gate offers an optional Linux OS bootup that allows you to enjoy instant access to commonly used functions like accessing the Internet, VoIP, and Web emailing without entering the OS.

Now thats cheating!

DOH! Yeah that IS cheating! hahahhahaha!! Now I feel pretty good about my 10 second up/down time :p

OK, how many people just turned off their puters to start them and time the startup?:rofl:

38 seconds for me..:whistle:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic_E55_2001
Linux

Now thats cheating!

Linux RULES the world..... :)

Ive been wanting to build a HTPC when I get some extra cash. I think I will give linux a try with that one.

Back