I need a chrysler experts help!!!

Fate

Donating Member
Registered
Ok, bought a Sebring convertible, The transmission needed the trs changed which requires removing the throttle body out of the transmission. I got that done but the 3 fluid pressure valves for reverse, overdrive and 2nd and third have parts that kind of just fall out when pulling the throttle body. Can't see them till they fall out and don't know how the springs and a small piston looking part goes. The car had a shifting issue and reverse issue. The mechanic that looked at car said it was trs. This transmission is a 41te or also called a604 out of a 98 sebring convertible with 2.5 liter v6. I have logged onto a bunch of chrysler websites and no response yet. The reverse valve was laying on throttle body with keeper off, in great condition, but may have caused some of the problem. I need to get this back together asap. Here is a picture I found online of one with parts in, I think the springs are off. When I reached up above throttle body before removing, i could feel two of the three springs. I assume they are on the bottom of what you can see in picture. I think the third hole shows the smaller piston looking thing installed with keeper. I assume the other spring is in there with anothe longer piston thing at end of spring. Two of the springs and smaller spring inside of it. AGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHEEELLLPPP!!!!!!

normal_IMG_6656.JPG

Never been into one myself.I'd be hunting a manual.

Been trying to find one online and can't. I could order one but it would take to long, need to get this thing running asap. I think I have an idea of how it goes but don't want to screw anything up.

Got it fixed!!! becoming one heck of a chrysler transmission guy, if anybody needs help:laugh:

they are completely controlled by the computer. shops want to charge 2000 dollars to rebuild the transmissions when it is normally a couple hundred dollars worth of solenoids.

Got it fixed!!! becoming one heck of a chrysler transmission guy, if anybody needs help:laugh:

they are completely controlled by the computer. shops want to charge 2000 dollars to rebuild the transmissions when it is normally a couple hundred dollars worth of solenoids.
till ya gotta buy some hard parts... I was a trans builder at GM when the TH200/325/125 all came out.. the gravy TH350/400 rebuilds got a lot tougher when the first digital controls came out... Chrysler always had a pretty solid transmission and they were pretty simple to work on... never tore into a late model.. (not much desire to either) :)

the old 350's and 400's made sense, these electronic "learning transmissions" are different

Back