Votes: 9 18.8%
  • I own a Mac,I like it.

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • I own a Mac ,it sucks.

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Other

Votes: 19 39.6%

• Total voters
my next system will be a Mac, I've got two computer experts that I work with and both have nothing but good to say about Mac. I've heard plenty say once you make the change and get used to them you will wonder how you ever survived without one.

These days so many professionals (from movie, music to graphics etc.) use a Mac. All BS comments aside there has to be a reason for it, so...

windows = beer: cheap and plentiful, many varieties
mac = wine: pricey and limited

I'm using a MacBook right now. I'm running XP Pro on it. Most stable platform I've used in a while. The Mac OS has crashed several times, and I can't edit native AVCHD video because several there are no programs that run on Mac that can do it.

I have a Imac 24-inch 2.8GHz 500GB.
No need for anti-virus software.
I used to have windows XP pro. I bought my Imac about the same time windows vista came out, now i have Mac OS X leopard. It is soo much better than Windows, no more crashes, no more viruses, no more pain.
I also have parallels desk top on my Mac which i can get Windows XP pro on my Mac if I want. Its a program on my Mac. Windows on Mac and Mac Virtualization: Parallels Desktop for Mac I will never go back to Windows. Macs are a lot more stable than Windows.:thumbsup:

No need for anti-virus software.

So you'll be saying that when you get a BSD root kit? You may already have one, and there's now way for you to now it's even there.

I'm not so sure about the "stable" comment either. I've have more crashes from OS X than Windows XP, on the same hardware. Try Boot Camp and you'll see what I mean.

I use Linux, Unix, Windows and Mac. Unix is by far the most stable but a bugger to work with.

Ah, but I so love command line!

Hey Blazing-Saddle, my first OS was multics - ever heard of it? :type:
There are worse OS's - like the Unisys B1100 - you not only have to assign and release volumes. you have to assign a file before you can open it, then you have to close the file, and release it before anyone else can access the file. That's what we used to generate command sequences to fly Galileo.

Ah, but I so love command line!

Hey Blazing-Saddle, my first OS was multics - ever heard of it? :type:
There are worse OS's - like the Unisys B1100 - you not only have to assign and release volumes. you have to assign a file before you can open it, then you have to close the file, and release it before anyone else can access the file. That's what we used to generate command sequences to fly Galileo.

Sounds a lot like DCOM. Does it write directly to memory registers for CPU operations?

I got Windows XP on a forget how many year old computer. No viruses or meltdowns so far. Spend all my money on the silly motorcycle and can't afford a new PC or Mac.

I use Win XP32. No desire to downgrade to Vista. SP1 has made some improvements,but not enough for me. Can still buy Wind XP and not cause it's cheaper. I'll hope for the next windows OS to be less of a flop. Mac... never tried and don't know anyone who uses it. Been building my own systems for years now.

*If you connect to the Internet,you are subject to possibility of getting a virus no matter what OS you use. You simply hear of Mac and Linux not getting them cause not many run them. Therefore word of mouth of Windows getting them all time prevails.

If you don't have some form of virus scanner,then how do you know you don't already have one? It's not gonna pop out and tell you it's there Key logging you while you log into the Org or your online bank account.

"Other" seems to be in the lead! HAHA!

I have thought about Vista 64bit,but it's still a Vitsa OS so haven't thought real hard about it. :laugh:

Have 4gigs of memory atm,but 32 only sees roughly 3gigs. Thought of upping to 8gig and Vista 64 to see how it runs. Just $250ish is more then I want to spend to find out I don't like it.

Q6600 CPU(oc'd 3.4 on air),780i MB, OCZ 4gig(2x2) pc8500 Memory, 2x 9800gtx+'s SLI'd, Seagate 320gig HD, CL Fatality1 extreme gammer soundcard, all tucked into an antec 900 case. Blazes though anything I throw at it and stable. Pc's are like motorcycles. They run fine,but with a good Tuner they can run better.

Back