Family Relations

Projekt

Registered
rant.gif

So... I've got three sisters.

Have been on bad terms with one of them that simply will not let old grudges die. She is an obese type II diabetic that has been suffering from complications due to that condition for years. First, she had a blister that wouldn't heal up on her foot.

Recently, she had her pinky toe amputated due to a staph infection. It has been over six years since we have shared positive words. I have tried to just let it die and reach out to her on various instances during the period in question. A few days ago, I found out about her situation with the toe surgery. The way it happened was through a bulletin being posted on MySpace. Can you believe that? A PHUCKIN bulletin. What does that say about the maturity of family? No phone call, not even a discreet e-mail. Where is the judgment?

I know everybody's got a "screwed-up" family but, for fuggs sake! A bulletin to find out about a major medical condition involving flesh and blood family!

Doesn't life gift you with knowledge and experience to avoid this kind of nonsense?
Isn't there some sort of rule that says time heals all wounds or something like that?

The statement "Projekt's estranged sister had major surgery today, unbeknowst to him" sounds like crap.
What does that say about me?

These days, I have been dedicating a lot of my extensive thought to a self-evaluation. I am not in a "woah is me" bullshid mood. I am just thinking WTF-over?

Why? why?
laugh.gif
Now I sound like "Yamahor".

Dear Spank

Sometimes not communicating is a good thing, or at least a better alternative to communicating.

I have a sister who hurt me. The only time we've spoken to each other in the last ten years is in court. My mother and I won two jury trials against her. I don't care to speak with her ever again. She made her choice. Now she has to live with her choice.

I'm sorry you and your sister don't get along. As they say, sheyette happens.

Thank god you can pick your friends 'cause you're stuck with you family.

Good luck.

cheers
ken

Hell I have a sister I don't talk too... Her decision really... Then again I don't really talk to anyone in my family anymore...

I dunno, kind of a bummer once in awhile, but then I don't really like em' all that much...

Good luck.

cheers
ken
I disagree with that statement,family is more than flesh-n-blood.
So you would agree with the statement;

Thank god you can pick your family 'cause you are stuck with your friends.

Does that make sence to you?

pillepalle.gif

cheers
ken
laugh.gif
you didn't get it,the part "stuck with your family"not true
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

super.gif
PM -->
kml @ Mar. 31 2008 said:
1356113[/ATTACH] PM]

Good luck.

cheers
ken
I disagree with that statement,family is more than flesh-n-blood.
So you would agree with the statement;

Thank god you can pick your family 'cause you are stuck with your friends.

Does that make sence to you?

pillepalle.gif

cheers
ken
laugh.gif
you didn't get it,the part "stuck with your family"not true
laugh.gif
Your right I didn't.
Everyone in my family is dead, with the exception of myself (of course
laugh.gif
) and my parents, both in their eighties, one who is in a wheelchair and the other has alzheimers. So the thought that "stuck with your family" might not be true, completely escaped me. I wish I did have more family. Even, if at times I wished I might like to be unstuck from them.

cheers
ken

super.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I have a mom I wish would not talk to me anymore, a sister I wish would not talk to me anymore and a g-ma I am trying to connect with and is going good. All the screwed up people in my family are on my mom's side. I'm glad she left me and my dad when I was 2.

My wife doesn't speak w/ her mom and sisters, which puts me in a predicament because I get along with them just fine with them.

It goes........You can pick your nose but you can't pick your family.

And I had to move 2,500 miles away so I didn't have to deal with them anymore...

Ron

I have a sister I don't talk to any more.

I didn't talk to my father for the last three years of his life.

I don't talk to my mom.

Sometimes, you just have to realize your family is screwed up. You're there already.

The next step is to walk away from them and forget about them. That's the hard part. But after a while, you'll get there.

Having said that, always leave the door open in case they decide to walk through it again.

--Wag--

Thanks for all the kind words. Had a feeling that many are in my boat, it is just that common.
Heck, me and pops aren't saying much these days either. Funny thing is that the door IS always open to any of them. Well, that is, until they start asking me about money too often.
Overall though it doesn't chap my hide as much as it used to. Just called the house before making this topic, she answered and said "nobody is here that will talk to you".
Ain't that a B!tch?
Drama, love it or not, will always manifest.

Back