Universal remote control ?

Vic_E55_2001

Donating Member
Registered
I`m tired using 4 remotes for my entertainment system. looking for universal one.

I want it to be as easy in use as possible. Anything under $100 is considered.

I have Sony TV, Sony DVD player, Harman-Kardon receiver and Delphi satellite radio.

Receiver remote could work with Sony TV and DVD but not with Delphi.

good luck.

I have 3 but can get away with just using my Bose remote, unless I want to access my DVR...then I have to use another. My Bose works my Sony TV, my Sony DVD/VCR, and my cheap azz cable box(except the DVR part). I am not sure if a bose remote would cover your audio units.

I have two universal remotes, both Kameleons:
Kameleons
They are fairly easy... but they have thier limitations.

Logitech also makes some good one priced from $50 or so up to about $600...

That 880 looks like a real deal. screaming reviews and on sale at BB for $150.00 now.
beerchug.gif

Harmony 1000 is killer remote for sure.... but $500 for remote? Too much for my budget.

If you're willing to spend a little bit more, look at the Logitech Harmony 880 universal remote. They can be found for about $150 right now and they are pretty nice!

My Brother-In-Law splurged and got the Logitech Harmony 1000 remote. Man, it is nice!
Yup, I bought the 890 about 6 months ago and although I do not use many of it's advanced features it did get me down to just the BOSE, and the Harmony. It works great...

My only complaint is the design is really crappy for using with one hand. You need some grip tape or something on the underside to prevent it from rotating around in your hand...

Over all, it's a
thumb_up.gif

There are better remotes that are more configurable, but for the price this one is a decent value.

Sony PC Programmable Touch-Screen Remote Control - RMAX4000A
I have one of these type of remotes I LOVE IT, Easy to program too.
Jon(Loomis).
Sony RM-AX4000A Universal Home Theatre Remote Control, This one is cheaper $126.00 and work just as good.

the harmon kardon remote is a learning remote... i have mine doing TV, infocus projector, satellite, stereo, DVD/VCR... and i'm gonna see if it'll control my ceiling fan later

i have the harmony 670 for 135 and its pretty sweet my girlfriend is technologically retarded and had the attention of a 2 year old so she used to call me when i was out trying figure the tivo, the tv, the surround, the dvd player, i think she dropped 10 IQ points when i tried explaining the blue ray and the hd player to her so i just gave up and bought the harmony and it pretty ballin she just hist watch tv and it turns on the tv, changes the input, turns on the surround to the right setting and turns on tivo and brings up the main menu its great when im out drinking with the boys no more anoying calls saying why wont it work sorrry kinda off the topic rant but if you have the anti-electronically savy woman in you life this is awsometotally worth your time if you lazy and you hate playing with the multiple remotes then get one but if you don't have someone in your life that acts like above and don't mind playing with 4 remotes then more power to ya you can get the same stuff with a cheaper remote but then you have to remember what input that everything is in when this just does it for you

Linky Linky

Back