bad luck deal with "goodluck"

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrHans

Spent tons of cash on booze,bikes,women,
Donating Member
Registered
PMed goodluck about a pitbull frontstand he was selling in another persons thread. Made an offer, he accepted and said he would send it early the following week. I paypalled him the $$ right then (Thursday night) and figured that I would have the stand within a week. Well, I didnt hear from him and I saw that he was online so I PMed him on Wednesday and backed it up with an email. Nothing. Did the same on Thursday and got an answer from him late afternoon saying he's been out of town, didnt have a box the right size, had to go pick up the stand as it was elsewhere and would get it out on Friday. Here's where I'll just put up the PMs:
super.gif
-->
goodluck @ Sep. 20 2007 said:
1197948[/ATTACH]]
Eric,
Have you had time to ship the stand out yet?
regards, Hans

sorry i got to town a day later than i expected went and picked the stand up yesterday and searched for a box big enough to put it in today with no luck my dad is bringing me a box tomorrow so it should get shipped out tomorrow. sorry for the delay
eric
i was hoping to have it saturday. can you make that happen?

i would have to overnight it and i am not going to do that i will just refund your money on it sorry i was out of town.
Eric,
? ? You told me you were going to ship it to me early this week after I paid you on Thursday of last week. That was seven days ago. Had you offered me a refund several days ago, well that would have allowed me to get it elswhere in time. You have had my phone number and email to give me a heads up but I have gotten none.
? ? I need that stand for work starting Sunday morning. You made an error in not being prompt in shipping but you can bypass that by getting it to me by when it would have anyways.
regards, Hans

i said early next week thinkin i was gettin home sunday i got back tuesday you paid me thursday night and i told you i was leaving town im sorry that you was in such a rush for i am usually very good at shipping stuff but this week it just hasnt happened. i to have been on your side of this coin but a few days isnt anything to get upset about i am just refunding your money to be done with this deal and i will keep my stand for the price you got it at it was a great deal. sorry for the delay go and bash me if you want i am sorry but events happen in everyones life and everything doesnt always go the way we hope it will.
Sooooooooooooo. He spent my money and didnt ship it out. OK I can live with that, give me my money back now right? He took another week to get it back to me. During the time that I hadnt got my money back yet I asked him to just go ahead and sell me the stand anyways. He said no and that I should get my refund soon. Well, it took two full weeks before I got my money returned. I'm not in the business of making loans to those I dont know.
Was I anything less than polite throughout this transaction even til the end? Yes I was.
Bottom line is: Would I deal with this person again? No. Would I recommend another to deal with him? No.
I did get my money back though.
smile.gif

super.gif

I think you over reacted. i also think that you are one lucky guy if that what you call deal gone bad. I didn`t seen anywhere that Eric promised to ship your stand right away, did he?

The only thing he did wrong IMO is that he is NOT notified you right away that he is unable to ship it promptly.

Luck of communication, IMHO.

what he is saying isnt true but i dont really care he did send me the money on thursday night but i told him i was leaving town and would get the stand out when i got back, when i got back i got the box and had it ready to ship out on friday he got rude with emails and said that i needed to ship it out overnight to him so i went to paypal and hit refund i dont know why it took paypal so long to refund it back, as far as him wanting to do business with me i just couldnt please him so i refunded and apologized whats said is it has taken him 2 weeks to finally get mad enough to come on here and say crap about me. OH WELL he has asked me more since all of this to go ahead and sell him the stand though

Original Transaction

Date Type Status Details Gross Fee Net
Sep. 13, 2007 Payment From MrHans Refunded ... $120.00 USD -$3.78 USD $116.22 USD

here is where i refunded him 7 days later i dont know why paypal took so long to give it to him.

Related Transactions
Date Type Status Details Gross Fee Net
Sep. 20, 2007 Refund Completed Details -$120.00 USD $3.78 USD -$116.22 USD
Sep. 20, 2007 Add Funds from a Bank Account Completed Details $116.22 USD $0.00 USD $116.22 USD
Sep. 26, 2007 Refund Completed Details -$120.00 USD $3.78 USD -$116.

Edited to remove possible 'personal' information; omslaw

Just FYI. PayPal takes a week to refund the money only because your PayPal account was empty. PayPal withdraw money from your bank and that`s what takes time. I learn that a hard way a while ago.

I personally think that you didn`t do anything wrong. still have that stand for sale? PayPal? ;)

Yeah, with my dealings with paypal, the internet and purchasing stuff from people I think this was one of the better transactions.

I dont see where goodluck did anything wrong. period.

what he is saying isnt true but i dont really care he did send me the money on thursday night but i told him i was leaving town and would get the stand out when i got back, when i got back i got the box and had it ready to ship out on friday he got rude with emails and said that i needed to ship it out overnight to him so i went to paypal and hit refund i dont know why it took paypal so long to refund it back, as far as him wanting to do business with me i just couldnt please him so i refunded and apologized whats said is it has taken him 2 weeks to finally get mad enough to come on here and say crap about me. OH WELL he has asked me more since all of this to go ahead and sell him the stand though
What I am saying is true. You said you would ship the stand out the first of the week. You also said you'd be coming back on Monday. I NEVER got rude with any emails or PMs, I only stated what you said and asked you to stand behind it. I DID ask you if you would send the stand out because at that time I still hadnt got my refund. I do believe you also TOLD me <div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:[/Quote]<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
sorry for the delay go and bash me if you want [/quote]
Here's more PMs and the email and reply regarding either him sending the stand or following up with the refund. :
you will get the stand and the pin for the hayabusa, if you want ot use it for other bikes i believe you just have to change the pin out. so its somewhat universal

flamethrowingsmiley.gif
-->
MrHans @ Sep. 13 2007 said:
1198092[/ATTACH]]
Eric,
I'll be PPing you shortly. Was there any other pins or adapters that came with it? What all is getting shipped?
regards, Hans
okay if you can paypal here is my address
*************@********.net

i will be leaving town in the morning but i will get it out first of next week.
thanks
eric

I am in Chicago Illinois 60640.
where are you located at

its the one labled new front stand that lifts it from the steering neck

Hmmmm, how about $120 shipped for it?
regards, Hans
Regards, Hans

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 20:23:01 -0700
Subject: Re: paypal refund or frontstand
To: ***********@hotmail.com

i guess refunds go through as echecks the refund is set to go through on the 26th. NO i dont want to sell the stand to you. i went straight to paypal and clicked on what you sent me and hit issue refund button that is all i knew to do.

Hans Shaffer <**********@hotmail.com> wrote:
Hey there Eric,

I'm still trying to figure out why the refund hasnt gone through. I'm still in the market for a Pitbull Newfrontstand. Let me know if you will sell it to me or if you will complete the refund. Here's my cell phone number again: *** ***-****

Regards, Hans

flamethrowingsmiley.gif

As to your commet about Loans, that just not wright, Goodluck refunded your money, he told you that he was going to be out town, he told you what was going on!
Goodluck may not have delivered to stand to you, but you recieved your money back!

Mcmustang, asked you yesterday in your post, just to leave it alone, but here your are stirring up dirt! The paypal info that Goodluck has posted shows that he in good faith refunded your money! Once Goodluck pressed the buttom to refund your money, it was in Paypals hand,, and they are slow, and are a pain in the a$$ to deal with period!
Now take your $$$$ and go buy a stand, and leave the
Code:
at home!

I think both sides were presented. There is no need for everyone to take sides and cause a division. I think it is time to lock the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back