Who here Misses Johnny Carson??

omslaw

Michelle owns my Busa
Staff member
Administrator
I grew up watching Johnny on the Tonight Show - my parents rarely missed a night. While Jay Leno is good, I still miss Johnny.

My favorite part of his show was when he did the Mighty Carson Art Players skits.

I think my all-time favorite is the "Who's on First" spoof

Last edited by a moderator:
laugh.gif
Good stuff...slice of Americana that will never be duplicated...

He was a superb entertainer... I don't think anyone can compare even remotely to him. None of them are even close.

I think Leno blows...I don't ever remember laughing at a single thing that ever came out of his mouth.

Carson was great.

Carson was the best - no doubt.

Here is an interesting little video on youtube - Similar to Johnny's - wonder if they saw his first......

Last edited by a moderator:
Johnny WHO
rock.gif
? I remember him doing his 30 min afternoon shows  
wow.gif
 3:00 pm TO 3:30 pm weekdays  
biggrin.gif

Take that you YOUNGSTERS
laugh.gif

I love the old black and white skitts and anytime he had the animals around him. He always had me rollin' I remember him riding a go cart on stage a losing control. Also the time he was trying a scuba diving set up in the pool set up on stage. LOL

Johnny was a dyed in the wool american! I liked his swami act.
beerchug.gif

Simply put........he was the best !!!!!!!!! He was an amazing comedian and an incredible human being. He is one of those people that you think of, and it brings a "feel good warmth" to your soul.

Oh this is Elaine, ambulldogs wife. That would be funny if he wrote those "homo" words...lol. Not that there is anything wrong with being "gay".........(seinfeld in the 90's) !

lurk.gif
Omar, you must have meant you remembered your parents telling you about Carson as a youngster
laugh.gif

He was the best, He could have you rolling in 30 seconds or less. I like Jay and Dave but Carson was really the man.
bowdown.gif

I miss him too! 2 best were the Ed Ames Hatchet throw, and when he asked the pro golfers wife what she did for good luck for her husband before the round, and she said she kissed his balls. After the crowd went nuts Carson said " I bet that made his putter stand up" The crowd and guests all lost it again and the golfers wife stormed off the stage.

I remember that - and that wasn't the only time he upset a female guest... There was an incident with Raquel Welch and her cat as I recall.... He pushed the boundaries!

(LCB @ Jul. 19 2007,08:29) I remember that - and that wasn't the only time he upset a female guest...  There was an incident with Raquel Welch and her cat as I recall....  He pushed the boundaries!
jump9.gif
I remember that one too!
laugh.gif

Back