Credit Cards SUCK

mzrsq

Busaless
Donating Member
Registered
Just got my statement on one of my credit cards that I ONLY use for buying bike parts................It say I bought $759.53 of stuff for the Busa last month, that doesn't include $676.99 I just payed for the month before.

Does it ever end?

NO IT NEVER ENDS AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
laugh.gif

It ends when you close out the accounts and cut up the cards.
beerchug.gif
^ what he said.

im 23 and learned that lesson QUICK!

b 4 my bike, i basically put the parts for my camaro on a CC... about 10k later... yea. glad i had alot of $ saved up or id b hurting even worse. now, all i do is use cash. yea, it would b nice 2 have a CC 2 get something NOW, but if i dont have the $, then i cant afford it.

I have the same problem .... all the purchases on my credit card for the last two months have been for Elenor! My wife feels I spend more on Elenor than her
wink.gif
tounge.gif

LOL no joke...

Just paid my off with the tax return, and ther is already 1500 back on it. I am blaming it on my new bike... yeah that sounds good!
laugh.gif

I love credit cards, lets do away with cash! Especially coin, what a nuisance.

When used correctly they can be good, but as we have all found out it can be way too tempting to make that 1 purchase and then the next and the next and so on . . .

Definitely discipline. You don't want to drop the accounts entirely, just keep the balances as low as possible/nonexistant. As long as you aren;t sitting on continuously maxed-out credit cards, having cards (as high of a credit limit as possible) is a Good Thing™ as far as your credit scores go, which makes a difference in other things like houses... and loans for more bikes.
biggrin.gif

Not having credit cards is actually more detrimental, because the credit scores reflect it as either being unable to control your spending, or not having credit at all. Either of which is a larger black mark than having the cards themselves.

This leads into how completely assinine the credit industry is, but that's a whole 'nother vitriolic rant.

No credit cards here...we kept getting too deep in debt with 'em...it's just too tempting!

Get 'em paid off and chop 'em up! Cash ONLY...that should help curb the mod addiction!
biggrin.gif

I guess you CAN'T buy all your toys at once
laugh.gif

But if you do it a little at a time, there is always something to look foward to
biggrin.gif

Keep those credit card balances so you can pay for 'em at the end of the month, of the intrest rates will stop your mods for a loooong time
wow.gif

<!--EDIT|Glyn
Reason for Edit: "fat fingers"|1111616858 -->

I've got too many cards, but luckily I learned fiscal discipline since going wild with my first card in college. I do keep one card separate from my business and family cards which I use for my personal toys. (i.e. Busa Addiction) I squirrel away money from side jobs, eBay sales, etc. to pay this one off without affecting the family money.

WarBrown, I just noticed the bikes you own..

I have a 03 Green ZRX1200..2000 Blue Busa and a 86 GPZ250-Ninja....Cool........

On the credit card deal. You need to have a good credit score to get cheap insurance..Most people do not realize your credit score is your insurance rate score also...Just pay them of every month, use thier money for 30 days...

Thanks for all the support guys,

I've done good so far. I have one particular card I use for internet purchases and recently thats been all Busa goods, between some maintnance stuff and Group buys, the spendings been out of control recently. But once she's all back together, we'll be good for the season for the most part.

As for the card, I've been able to pay it off each month as debt adds up, so other than the new statement purchases, I don't owe a dime as far as the bikes concerned. Now if I could just say that regarding the rest of my finances.
sad.gif

I have only a couple of credit cards and am proud to say that I've been fairly good with them. And by the way, the addiction for modding the Busa never ends. Everytime I think there's nothing left I want to do, I see something else and then it's on. Oh well, that's the fun part!
smile.gif

Back