Fuel discount card, do you have one?

Sous

Donating Member
Registered
I drive/ride 120 miles round trip to work on a daily basis. I recently thought about finding a fuel card or credit card that offers discounts on fuel to save a bit of change. It may not be much, but over a few years I bet if you add all the pennies up it would be quite a bit.

Anyway, the Exxon/Mobil Mastercard offers 15 cents off per gallon on fuel at over 10,000 locations across the country. Of course the card has a 20% interest rate, but that does not bother me as I will pay the card off each month and not carry a balance. Does anyone else know of a credit card or fuel card for a major fuel station that offers a better discount?

a lot of the ones I have seen have a cap on the amount of gas you can buy monthly, yearly or the discount amount changes etc. I just pay for it and use either my Marriott card or my American Airlines card, both of which I use for travel for work too. Those do not have caps and I get the full dollar value as points towards other things that generally cost more.

Zukracer, I currently use a card that gives 1 point per dollar as well, but figured up that I could save more by using the Exxon/Mobil card. I have read through the agreement and did not see a cap or dollar amount restriction. This is one aspect I had not thought of though.

Blanca, I used to use Kroger when I lived in Warner Robins, but now I need a card that will give me cheap gas at truck stops or fuel stations right off the interstate. I am pretty confident I will be getting the Exxon/Mobil card, just wanted to see if anyone else had a better idea.

If you want a great price on gas why didn't you say so?

muzzle-of-a-gun.jpg

I get free gas all the time like that ^^^ :)

I actually carry a Kahr CM9 like the one below, but I don't see myself arriving to work everyday if I use that method.

GetDynamicImage.aspx?dir=itemImages&path=SVimg-CM9093.jpg

I use a Chase Marathon Card. It does give back some but like you said anything is better then nothing. Might check it

I use discover which from time to time has 5% cashback for fuel and other stuff.. check it out.. also use my chase visa/mc they have similar offers from time to time..

Zukracer, I currently use a card that gives 1 point per dollar as well, but figured up that I could save more by using the Exxon/Mobil card. I have read through the agreement and did not see a cap or dollar amount restriction. This is one aspect I had not thought of though.

Blanca, I used to use Kroger when I lived in Warner Robins, but now I need a card that will give me cheap gas at truck stops or fuel stations right off the interstate. I am pretty confident I will be getting the Exxon/Mobil card, just wanted to see if anyone else had a better idea.

Might not have it on the standard card, I do recall reading one for Sunoco or BP that had some super discount but was only good on like 100gal for some period of time (month, 6months) or something. I figured yeah its something (I recall 30c/gal off) but I will use 100gal in 3 fills, which is a week for both trucks and one truck the next week :banghead: So I just kept using the Marriott card since it gives me 3pts for fuel purchases :thumbsup:

I just signed and got approved for exxon/Mobil card, I`ll take 15 c per gallon discount,thank you! my 4 runner use 17 Mpg in the city, I might get another vehicle just to offset cost of driving that 4runner. I think Costco or sams discounts will be better but I don`t have these clubs membership.

alot of those cards require you to carry over atleast one months balance or you pay a 30$ fee... i used to have them and learned my lesson

my discover and chase freedom card you dont have to/need to carry over a balance.

exxon mobil i just got
Your due date is at least 23 days after the close of each billing cycle. We will not charge you any interest on purchases if you pay your entire balance by the due date each month.

im referring to fleet or just fuel cards not just a normal credit card im talking about gas only cards

This is not the type of card we are looking for. I apologize if you thought we were looking at fleet or commercial use cards.

Vic, I called and spoke to the Exxon/Mobil folks and they assured me there were no annual fees, no monthly payoff fees and the 15 cents per gallon would be credited in $10 increments to your account once you reach $10.

I am going to do a bit more snooping around, but will probably apply for one next week.

This is not the type of card we are looking for. I apologize if you thought we were looking at fleet or commercial use cards.

Vic, I called and spoke to the Exxon/Mobil folks and they assured me there were no annual fees, no monthly payoff fees and the 15 cents per gallon would be credited in $10 increments to your account once you reach $10.

I am going to do a bit more snooping around, but will probably apply for one next week.

that sthe one I got. i fill up 20 gallons each time. 2-3 times a month. $3 per fillup accumulate fast. 4runner average mpg 18.248 100% city.
ONe more thing.. I hate Ethanol gas. pure gasoline 2mpg better. but pure more expensive. $4.10 last time i found it, it was premium tho..

Back