Ford Sync for dummies

Twobrothersbusa

Team Gixxer Racing; IDMBT #1
Donating Member
Registered
Well, I've had my Mustang for a year or so and I just found out tonight that it can control Pandora on my phone via voice.:banghead:

I've been using Bluetooth audio in and doing it with my phone for a year....crap, tech is hard to keep up with!

My Mustang isn't that advanced...neither am I come to think of it :rofl:

via Samsung Galaxy SIII

Charlie just call or text.

Once you connect any device thru the USB port it becomes an intelligent connection.
From your steering wheel push speak button and say 'USB'. She will respond with 'USB please say a command'.
From there you can call out any genre, album, artist or track you want. It is all digitally encoded.
So you can say 'play genre rock' and everything on that device coded as rock will play.
Or you can ask for the above I said.

Streaming it Bluetooth allows you to play but you still have to use device itself to pick what you want.
What kind of dealer sends a customer down the road and doesn't train them on the tech? My minimum delivery for a car is an hour. With my Ford/Lincoln touch it's even longer. And then after that my dealership is the only one in Florida with a sync my ride coordinator who brings you back about a week later and personally trains you on your car.

You do know your car also has turn by turn voice guided navigation right?

I know it can do turn by turn, but never used it. Sounds like I need to take a drive south for some lessons!

Back