Oh boy, what a day.

DetroitBusa

Registered
Well, what a nice way to start the spring. About 60 degrees here in detroit and on my way from work to school, I'm sitting at a red light in my truck, and boom get shoved forward.
Well the lady in a minivan was talking on her cellphone and hit me. We pull over and all she can say is "I have to go pick up my children, I have to go pick up my children" I urge her to stay as leaving the scene is not a good idea but she takes off after giving me mearly her name and phone number! Thanks to my keen eye, I get the plate also. Of course she lets the calls go to voicemail, even when the cops leave messages as "This is captain so-and-so, you better come back", click. I go Home and google it, find an address, and after low and behold, there are three guys working on the van! Grab the digital and snap a pic.

I hope this goes to court, and I have to testify.

What do you guys think, what will the outcome be?

Well, what a nice way to start the spring. About 60 degrees here in detroit and on my way from work to school, I'm sitting at a red light in my truck, and boom get shoved forward.
Well the lady in a minivan was talking on her cellphone and hit me. We pull over and all she can say is "I have to go pick up my children, I have to go pick up my children" I urge her to stay as leaving the scene is not a good idea but she takes off after giving me mearly her name and phone number! Thanks to my keen eye, I get the plate also. Of course she lets the calls go to voicemail, even when the cops leave messages as "This is captain so-and-so, you better come back", click. I go Home and google it, find an address, and after low and behold, there are three guys working on the van! Grab the digital and snap a pic.

I hope this goes to court, and I have to testify.

What do you guys think, what will the outcome be?

I hope it is harsh for her, I have been noticing that people are using cell phones and texting much more now, than ever!!!!!
And I hate this, it was bad enough when people did not look out for others by pure laziness, now they have yet another excuse to be distracted.
Bubba
Do all you can do to ride safe, bro

Yeah, that is what scares me the most. This was in my truck, and I ALMOST took the bike to school/work. I would have probably gotten hurt on the bike.
:poke:

Yeah, that is what scares me the most. This was in my truck, and I ALMOST took the bike to school/work. I would have probably gotten hurt on the bike.
:poke:

Glad you are safe, but be extra careful these days, people just don't seem to care as much.
But I do!
Bubba

If its anything like Florida prolly nuttin'.
Older Bro was hit and run over while riding his bicycle.
Drove over both legs crushing knees and left .
Folks got 1st 3 letters off plate.
Gone he was.

3 months later I am driving my still crippled bro home from doc when right in front of us is matching Tahoe with first 3 same letters on plate.
OMG my hearts pumpin'
WE GOT HIM !
Follow him into Publix, he parks gets out walks in.
I block his car, call 911. Hurry felony hit and run supect in Grocery send help !
He comes out before they get there. Gets in his car and now tries to back over my car.
While on phone I exit vehicle and place my hand on my weapon in holster and told him to shut off the car. No sooner than that the cops show up.
We happy hes going to jail.
Marks are still on bumper where my bro went under car !
They have no doubt its the Tahoe but cant be pos he was the driver ?
My bro was too busy goin under to look at driver so he could not ID him either.

Long Story into a Long Story the 'nice police' officers let him go !!!!!!
To this day no justice has been given to us. NADA
I would post apic but we have all seen injuries and I really dont wanna relive it as I can still hear him screamng in the backround as the police were trying to tell me where he was.

One day....dark alley...I'll let my inner voice tell me what to do..

The Tahoe still sits in front of the trailer he lives in.
He is spanish and most likely with a family.

I had thoughts and dreams of absolutely beating the crap out if him with a bat, but I look at my kids and think it would not be right.
I think and dream of long distance 'call of duty' style sniper shots but still it would not be right and I would be theone in jial not him, both sets of kids without a dad.
I had thoughts of at least burning the tahoe to the ground one night but still it aint right.
It tortured my bro night and day every min that the one who hit him got away and after we found him he was at least at peace on that.
We and I did all we could, bro could not even bring himself to say for sure hes the one without questioning himself. It would not have been right.

My whole complaint was with the legal system.
More than 1/2 dozen officers showed up after 1st one radioed 'man with gun' (me).
All in the end agreed it was the car but not sure on him.
I could not understand why they did not lock him up until he talked ?
They all knew he knew but insisted their hands were tied.
This aint CSI they said.
We cant just lock someone up and sweat them !

I made a final request for them to leave and come back in twenty mins...:laugh:
Didnt happen.

The whole time I spoke english to the police but in the end I looked him right in the eye and told him in perfect spanish
'I know who you are and where you live, you ran over my brother and I will get you one day, watch your back !'
His eyes opened and we left..
All we could do.
Legal system let us down..

I am a firm believer in Kharma and what comes around go around.
In the end he will get his and we will get ours..
All that matters.

Last edited:
give everything to your insurance company and let them sort the damage portion of things out. After that well we all know what our pride tells us we want to do but that is the price of growing up I suppose.

Conscience and proper thought overide pride in sane men.
I keep telling myself that.

I would be very happy covered in his screams and blood same as my bro for about a minute.
Then remorse and pity would set in and I would realize I had just become no better.

But detroit nobody says you cant accidently get rid of all those extra nails and screws you found while cleaning your shed..........:laugh:

twotone.
Not sure if you refer to me or not.
While police were talking to guy I snapped a shot of his reg from my iphone.
Name and address were diff than what he gave so with name on reg and plate I had a friend look it up.
Helps to still have friends who are tag clerks...:laugh:

But I do think with the correct amount of $ and a plate you can purchase the registered addy online from sites....not sure on that as I still have above route..

Insightful guy Blanca :beerchug:. Yeah I think I still have a few bricks left over from repairing the chimney....

Twotone, I was able to search using her phone, and drove by the nearest houses and found the van.

My insurance (full cov.) is going after her and my agents exact words are "Allstate has ALOT more money than she does, we will get her." My back is sore today, so I am going to leave a message along these lines,

"Hello _____, I can see that you are not cooperating, so I am sure you have heard from both The Dearborn Heights Police and my Insurance company. You will also be hearing from my personal Attorney. I wish you the best of luck with all the trouble you just got yourself into." :thumbsup:

Last edited:
they way this country is now we should start going eye for an eye tooth for a tooth mad max style.....ohh....I wouldnt call her...let the authorities which prolly wont do anything and Your attorney handle it.....i know its hard but dont leave her any messages other than pleas respond or I am contacting you about the accident on this date....

Last edited:
why the police didn't go to her house is beyond me

oh an if there is any injury they supposed to go an pick up the renegade soccer mom in cuffs
:laugh:

Back