ROTD Steak dinner pics and video.

Ken, that ribeye looks delicious. That's one lucky dog. Did you teach yourself the recipe for the sauce? Also, are the skewers on there for heat transfer or some other purpose. I usually cook on the grill, but I bookmarked your slideshow for future reference. Damn, now I'm hungry:bowdown:
Mike

Dude I just got back from eating a 30oz Porterhouse that cost me...well more than I wanna remember. Not 10mins in the house and I'm hungry again after that slideshow !
My only problem is I dont know if a piece of meat would last that long around me. I usually walk it thru the kitchen so it can gather a little heat and then EAT ! ...:laugh:
Were those shrooms in the glass ?

Looks incredibly delicious though for sure...:thumbsup: Both drink and eat !
Thanks for making the show..
The skewers are definitely a unique use on a steak.
Use them all the time on the Cyprus Grill I have .

Now about the video. I cant believe you tortured your dog for almost a minute lecturing him about some old dude you used to know...???:laugh::bowdown:
Just look at the look in his face on the still above
He's like boy just gimme that thing durnit !
I hope he jumped right up in your lazyboy and got sauce all over it for doing that.
What I would have done if I was a dog at Kens !

:beerchug:

Last edited:
Ken, that ribeye looks delicious. That's one lucky dog. Did you teach yourself the recipe for the sauce? Also, are the skewers on there for heat transfer or some other purpose. I usually cook on the grill, but I bookmarked your slideshow for future reference. Damn, now I'm hungry:bowdown:
Mike

The sauce is just a pan reduction with onions, rehydrated porcini* mushrooms, red wine, butter, beef stock and homemade glace de viande** (meat glaze). The skewers are to hold the meat above the surface of the pan allowing all surfaces to caramilize, even cooking and to allow the dripping to brown on the bottom of the pan. The browned dripping adds flavor to the final sauce.

*Dried Porcini Mushrooms
Boletus edulis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

**Beef Glace de Viande (often incorrectly called demiglace) - 70198 - Recipezaar

I love to grill, but the pan allows you the luxury of using the dripping to make a sauce on the stove top.

Glad you enjoyed it!!!

cheers
ken

Whats for dessert...
I'm waiting for the video.....

Just watched slideshow again with the wife .
Now we are both hungry again. Def looks great

Ken, do you have a formal training in the culinary arts, or are you
self trained. I watched several other of you ROTC slideshoes and was especially interested in your dry aged beef process.
Assuming that the aging directions are followed to the is the letter, what are the risks of food born illness. After a period of aging the roast at your your recomended temperature and humidiy do you consider it relatively free of risk from food borne illness, such as bacteria or molds? Are the ends of the roast or other whole cuts trimed off as a safey issue to reduce the mold and bacteria present that may form on the outside of the cut of meat, prior to cutting the bulk meat into serving size portions?
How does dry aging compare from bag aging in the fridge, in the vacuum packaging accompaning whole cuts that you get from the store. Mike

Back