ok, why are they filing suit?

ogre

Call me Liberace!
Registered
Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com

they admit that the guy was smoking weed, while driving, and that he assaulted a female trooper when he was being arrested. then he got the snot beat out of him, likely while he was fighting back. why is the family able to sue anyone?

none of my business, we don't have all the information, any one can file suit. Winning the suit is another story. There are convicts filing suits because they don't like the food in prison. It is the American system. Costs everyone time and money.
two words would solve the problem, "loser pays"

I'm not familiar with all the details, but I'm thinking if you get high and take a swing at an officer you pretty much take a gamble with your life. :dunno:

Of course TV will always make the criminals out to be the victims.

I can tell you that I have seen several lawsuits filed against our local agencies simply because the agencies carry "liability insurace" if you will. sometimes if there is even a possibility of a slight violation of the simplest policy that occurred during or around the incident, then the suit is filed in hopes that it will come to light. that way they may have a shot at a few bucks because it is simply cheaper for the agency/insurance company to pay say 5000.00 or 10000.00 then to pay all the legal fees that it will take to fight out the lawsuit in court and prove they were right. not saying that is the case here, because i don't have any info on this particular incident, just seen this type of thing happen way to much, and every now and then some undeserving criminal gets a few dollars at the expense of the agency.

You remember growing up when you used to watch the 'Superfriends'
They had the mirror in the Hall of Justice that when stepped thru took them to 'Bizzaro World'.
This is where Lex Luthor and the Legion of Doom lived.
Everything was backward. Up was down, black was white, good was evil and so on.
Thats whats happened to us !
We let somebody lead us thru the mirror ! ???
Bizarro%20World%20Comic.jpg

I thought the 'Bizarro Krypto' was fitting..
Must have been what he had....:rofl::rofl:

Personally, I think if you file a suit and lose...the plaintiff and his lawyer BOTH
have to pay big bucks to the court (or the losing lawyers pays it all).

That should curtail the :bs: lawsuits.

Our legal system is a sad joke.

even if he was a serial killer the police had no right to beat him to death.....

They must of been Anti-tazer police and didn't expect anyone to ever resist arrest. :whistle:

Is a shame for all involved. I bet more information will come to light later on.

in a loser pays system....people without money are at a major dis-advantage against large corps. and insurance companies.....

it sounds nice, but once again emotional responses that ignore the simple solution.

us.

the american legal is the best, the problem is us. the weak link is us

you can blame lawyers, you can blame liberal judges.....and you can try to make laws against frivilous lawsuits.....but in every court case there are twelve people that can solve all these problems.

for every court decision where a victim was givin un-godly amounts of money....there were 12 people in a jury room that decided what should be done.

end the welfare/entitlement mentality that corupts today society, and you will see the end of these types of lawsuits....because there is not money in it.

Judge Dread! :rulez: Though when a Judge seemed to of broken the law he got a trial in a court room. :laugh:

There are flaws in every system... Just gotta decide which is the lesser of evils.

Back