Moving to Germany...

mrjoeys50

Registered
Well I just found out I am moving to Germany (USAF). I am stoked, and yes the Busa is coming with :thumbsup: Has anyone been to Germany with their bike, or currently there? I’m in Iraq now, but when I get home I am going to make the insurance call... hope it's not that crazy:please: Well if you have been let me know the ends and outs. My bike is going to be crated... first I am going to strip it because I don't want them to mess up my new airbrush job. Thanks guys/gals!

You will have a damp good time there. I assume you are going to Ramstein? A very good time can be had but you will want to invest in good rain/winter riding gear to be comfortable. I have a buddy with a GSX-R750 that is always complaining about the lousy weather but that is near the black forest. So your climate outlook may be different.

yup Ramstein is the place... heard that about the rain gear, so I guess I will start looking. Boy it's going to be a change from the flat Florida Hwy riding I've been doing for the past 6 yrs.

cool, man. so you have to have insurance on the bike in germany? i may be finding myself in a similiar situation this time next year (i hope, lol). insurance right now, for me, (if i had to have it) would cost 3400 bucks a year. glad the bike is paid off and i don't have to have it.

have fun over there, its a great area :thumbsup: K town has some interesting places, you'll enjoy the area roads. I was there over the winter so no bikes out but I suspect you wont have a problem finding riding buddies. Dont forget the local busa group is doing their thing jun 2010 in germany :thumbsup:

Germany is awesome, i lived there for about 6 years total (Pre-Busa). The drivers there have a much greater respect for motorcyclists. Beautiful roads and scenery, insurance may bite you in the azz.

one of my dreams is to hit the Autobahn on a Busa! have a safe and fun tour there!

my wifes friend was there for years... she loved.... she was in spangdalheim (sp?)

man the area around spang is freakin wonderful.... I'm soooo ready to fly over there for the june event...might just have to rent a bike while I'm there :whistle:

Enjoy, some beautiful places over there. My brother-in-law stayed over there for more than 12 years with the Army. Of course he didn't get to spend all his time there; Bosnia, Iraq.....

i hope you tear up that autobahn real good when you get the chance. you will definitely see some big league rides sizing you up.

Not a Busa, but a good shot of Autobahn, insano hoon.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was in Bitburg and Spangdahlem. The Nurembergring is just a quick jaunt down the road from Ramstein! You gotta hit a track day there!! You're gonna love the food so long as you're not a vegetarian. :laugh:

Moving for good you think? That's going to be quite a change in climate from Florida. You definitely have to send us pictures when you go!! :cheerleader:

Moving for good you think? That's going to be quite a change in climate from Florida. You definitely have to send us pictures when you go!! :cheerleader:

No, not for good, just for the next 4 years. I lived over near Bitburg as a kid for 10 years.... so I like that weather better than HOT Florida. And yes guys and gals I will take plenty of pics, and maybe a tank cam or two of the Autobahn:whistle:

Last edited:
hope i can meet you there. most of the squadrons with ah-64's are in germany. maybe i'll get stationed there (would be so rad...)

Back