Iowa to Arizona and back

WWJD

Donating Member
Registered
Rode my 03 Silver Hayabusa to Phoenix AZ via Denver and back thru Texas and any other state in that path. Just got new Pirelli Diablo Strada [road/sport tire] put on one day before lift off. I'll have a review after riding them harder tomorrow. Anywho, here's about 2% of the pics I took. It was a great ride, but painful in the long haul... the Busa did it's part well, my body did not!
biggrin.gif

Ready to roll: Lincoln, Nebraska

ready.JPG

many closed stations along the way. I packed an extra gallon just in case. this was in the center of Nebraska... somewhere. I saw the sign a mile away and thot I'd pull off and fill up. nnnnope

nogas.JPG

this mountain stayed with me for about 200 miles from Denver, Co almost to New Mexico.

Did you know there is ANOTHER Las Vegas in New Mexico? ? That messed with my head! I thot I'd taken a MAJOR wrong turn

mountain.JPG

PLENTY of open highway on this stretch. Exactly what the doctor ordered.

rollin.JPG

VLA was tracking a UFO... it was just me. There's a 10? mile strait in front of the Very Large Array in New Mexico

vla1.JPG

"...I'll just put one on the back of my bike...."

"FREEZE! Put your hands up and back slowly away from the dish!"

busted.JPG

Very Cool! Thanks for sharing your pics.. It's always nice to hear the Busa did well on the long haul!

well, I discovered my fear of heights REALLY affects my "canyon carving". in other words, I was getting passed by TRUCKS! Bah. Oh well.

This place was as deep wide and high as the Grand Canyon. I was having real issues up so high on two lanes with just a 2 foot high guardrail keeping me from 1000 foot drops. Eh, what are ya gonna do? I could STAND on teh edge and look down but driving my bike on sand covered, falling rock covered roads didn't thrill me. Hats off to you guys that can do that - I'm sticking with the track
biggrin.gif

canyon.JPG

Back