From Hayabusa To Zx14r And Back Again

lilfox306

Registered
in 2013 i bought a new 2012 left over candy sanoma red hayabusa:super:, learned some great skills on handling such a big heavy stupid fast bird and coming directly from a 05 honda vtx for me was a huge huge learning experience in self control, it seems like every stoplight is someone then and now on a bike or scooter or ricer lol anything, trying you.but after several dumb show off stunts and near ditch wipe outs on curves and long straights with tunnel vision i can now say im done with all that i know what the bike is capable of and can relax and just enjoy it at sane and mostly legal speeds.anyway i was looking for some risers for my bike at the stealership when i came across this beautiful new green special edition 2014 zx14r(im not brand loyal to me if its cool its cool for all the haters out there.) sat on it it fit me i thought, being 6ft 3 theres not many choices for sport bikes.i knew the hype about this bike watched all the ricky gaddison stuff read all the reviews and decided to take it on a test drive,basically i was told thats a no go ghost rider(even though this new salesman saw me roll up on a busa,so it was buy it or walk i did walk but not far lol two weeks later i traded the busa in at a sizable loss and rolled out on the new 14r let me tell you the bike is awesome silky smooth shifts no vibration instrument layout better, traction control,and way better brakes seemed like a great bike,BUT/////// not for me the ergos did not fit me quite right(you cannot get a good enough feel for a bike just sitting on one in the show room) the wind hit me on the highway in ways that the busa does not(just my body type im sure but it sucked) i tried and tried to love this bike but i just couldn't get the love for it like my busa and realized my mistake:(poop.so i went back to the dealership with tail tucked hoping my old bike was still there,yep it was and full of finger prints grrrr.long story short got dinged again on trade in:banghead: but being id only had the zx for three weeks we came to a return trade in deal and i left the shop for the final time with my beautiful hayabusa.like others have said i love my busa it fits me like a glove i love the way it looks turkey butt and all its rock solid reliable and it gets more attention than the stay puff marshmallow man.also i dont need traction control because i have learned to ride my bike i cannot say enough good things about the second gen the only way i would ever trade or sell this bike is if im not physically able to ride anymore,hell i like just having it to stare at in my garage almost as much as riding it:popcorn: rock on.

I read a lot about people trading in their busa for a smaller biker (600 or 750). I had a 750 that was pretty well built. When I got to the point that making it even faster was more than I wanted to spend I bought my 2014 busa. I got rid of my 750 and never looked back. Recently I was looking for a gsxr for my wife. She has a ninja but I prefer to work on suzuki and over all like suzuki better. Just preference. While going and looking at bikes I took a few for a test ride. 2 600s and a 750. Damn, they are slow compared. I don't see how people go back to them. Yes, they are lighter. I am 5'7" 155 pounds and I can lean my busa just as far as my 750 would go. It takes more effort to get it down there but it will go. The busa ride comfort is WAY better than the smaller bikes. I love my busa!!!!

I traded for something a lot lighter S1000R and with all the rider aids. Same power with less top end speed then the busa but the bike is seriously dated and it shows in every area now.

BB

@c10
1707145358189.jpeg

hey Bryan , what do you think about the latest Kawasaki ZX14R ?

I guess I’ll be the odd man out cause I can’t stand that shade of green. I like this combo though.

View attachment 1677784
You're not by yourself, that lime green, white and blue doesn't appeal to me at all but to each is own. I liked the dark green/black on my 2017 ZX14R much better. To bad Kawasaki has done nothing to update the ZX14R, great bike but dated compared to other bikes.

You're not by yourself, that lime green, white and blue doesn't appeal to me at all but to each is own. I liked the dark green/black on my 2017 ZX14R much better. To bad Kawasaki has done nothing to update the ZX14R, great bike but dated compared to other bikes.
That color scheme harkens back to these bikes and that era...that's why I like it personally....

ZX7.jpg

I guess I’ll be the odd man out cause I can’t stand that shade of green. I like this combo though.

View attachment 1677784
I do like the 2022 color gray. Below are photos of the 2022 & 2023 colors for comparison. The 2023 gray is loaded with large thick metal flake that really pops in the sun.

That and I’m probably just looking for a reason to post my new ZX14 lol.

67500505-B29E-474D-A867-6E5E680D0FE8.png

C304E273-D93A-4D36-9EB7-0C52735B84A3.jpeg

To bad Kawasaki has done nothing to update the ZX14R, great bike but dated compared to other bikes.
You’re absolutely correct! I’m very impressed with everything about my new ZX14R except the outdated LED screen, it no way compares to the gen 3 Busa TFT. I would have gladly paid a couple thousand more dollars if Kawasaki would have gave it the ZX10 upgrades which has cruise control and more.

I do like the 2022 color gray. Below are photos of the 2022 & 2023 colors for comparison. The 2023 gray is loaded with large thick metal flake that really pops in the sun.

That and I’m probably just looking for a reason to post my new ZX14 lol.

View attachment 1679034

View attachment 1679035

That color combo makes the cans look pretty good! The new ones make the whole bike seem smaller! :)

Back