Now its Red

Churchkey

Registered
Got her back together, Porsche red. PIX with a crappy FUJI camera that changes the true color when the surface reflects sunlight. Its just red & does not fade to yellow/orange. Wheels will be changed out in a few months when its time for rubber.

PIC 1 of several

LS1view.JPG

#3 Modded the stock undertail. Cut off all the plate holder with a dremel & took out the box under the rear seat. Used fiberglass mat to fill it back it. Removing all the plate bracket opened the tail up to the inside so glassed that area closed also. Pic of custom tag bracket comming up.

<!--EDIT|Churchkey
Reason for Edit: None given...|1116849221 -->

LRview.JPG

Inside of stock undertail. Left the glass raw in here where I removed the little box that seemed to get in the way all the time. The underside is filled & smoothed.

<!--EDIT|Churchkey
Reason for Edit: None given...|1116849736 -->

Busaundertail4.JPG

Thanks for the kind words.

"What did you use to fill/smooth your inners before paint? "

Sanded them until I got tired of sanding then several coats of fill & sand & sanded some more. They were a real PITA to do.

"Are you putting kanji,s back on, or leaving them off? "

Have some here in carbon fibre, will tape them in place to see how they look. Also considering gold or silver. will cut out some construction paper ones, paint them with different colors & take PIX each time & compare. May not put any on.

" now you need to dump those factory pipes!"

I like the dual mufflers & have them modded for sound. I might spend 5-6 bills for a pair of slip ons if I did not have to look at pop rivited manufactures advertising on the sides of them. They don't pay contingency money for street racing. Scored some mirror finish stainless steel sheet & will try to roll some covers. If that does not work I'll polish the cans or look for something else like super trapps. If anyone knows of slipons without advertising kindly let me know.

" still looks orange "

Its all that POS FIJU camera. Look at the PIC of the dash fillers that are in shadow. Thats the bike color.

I too am not a fan of the riveted on advertising. I like the dual look too but do not like the way the factory cans hang out there. See your rear view photo below.
wink.gif

post_6_49342_Busaundertail1.jpeg

This is definitely and improvement! Some cans are angled on the mounting face to move them in some if you just do bolt ons.
smile.gif

Busa_007.jpeg

Back