Decal set changed... twice

I finally put the fairings back on and put the remaining decals on. Indoors (parking garage), it doesn't look like there are decals on it. In the sunlight, you have to get somewhat close to recognize the decals. 5 ft. or less you can see what the deal is. I think it looks beast! Now... I'm thinking about taking the exhaust cans and mid-pipes off, sanding them, and applying BBQ grille rattle paint. I figure if I like it, I can keep it that way or have them powdercoated. If I don't like the look, I can always remove the paint and buff them to a matte finish.

Any helpers out there want to advise this hoon on BBQ or similar paint application on the mid-pipes and cans?

BTW, I didn't take any pictures of the bike back together just yet. She's dirty and yesterday was covered in snow ( I was testing the battery operated gloves and jacket recently bought). I will add a pic, hopefully after work.

Any helpers out there want to advise this hoon on BBQ or similar paint application on the mid-pipes and cans?

As far as the cans, you can go either route with the BBQ rattle or powder coat and it will hold up. Paint of course will scratch easier than the PC. But for the mids that'll have to be trial & error, I know for a fact that on a 4>1 system the front 4-5" of mid gets too hot for paint or reg powder to deal with and high heat powder or something similar is needed such as ceramic. But for a dual set-up it may make it being that the gases are getting split up before entering them instead of being forced out just one route.

I'd say just give it a shot, couldn't hurt.??? There simple enough to remove and replace so just play around and see what you like and what works for you.

It'll definitely be a summer project, as it's still too cold outside. I have BBQ paint already from another "project". I also have some of the "high-temp" paint from Autozone, which AFAIK is rated to 700 degrees. I don't think it needs a primer, but I'll be sanding it to a rough surface, and removing all the grime from them before painting. I dunno, we'll see how it turns out in a few months.

Oops, i gorgot these

uploadfromtaptalk1328202544370.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1328202563838.jpg

Back