DSC_0214.JPG

DSC_0215.JPG

DSC_0216.JPG

DSC_0217.JPG

DSC_0218.JPG

DSC_0219.JPG

DSC_0220.JPG

DSC_0221.JPG

The bike looks mint. I have 09 and just yesterday adjusted my chain. With a little less than 3/4 of an inch slack on the bottom side the chain does touch the chain guide on top. If you look at the plastic guide closely you will see it has a raised center section that perfectly fits inside chain onto rollers. So it seems to me that Suzuki intended the chain to sometimes touch this as like I said it perfectly mates to the chain when in contact. On the sidestand it just barely lays on it, off the side stand it comes off just a bit. Either way like all said just clean it up and make sure it is properly adjusted. If it is and still slightly touches I would not worry as I believe it was mean to be like that.
Just my thoughts...

The bike looks mint. I have 09 and just yesterday adjusted my chain. With a little less than 3/4 of an inch slack on the bottom side the chain does touch the chain guide on top. If you look at the plastic guide closely you will see it has a raised center section that perfectly fits inside chain onto rollers. So it seems to me that Suzuki intended the chain to sometimes touch this as like I said it perfectly mates to the chain when in contact. On the sidestand it just barely lays on it, off the side stand it comes off just a bit. Either way like all said just clean it up and make sure it is properly adjusted. If it is and still slightly touches I would not worry as I believe it was mean to be like that.
Just my thoughts...

THanks man, yeah Im quite sure its normal.

What do you think guys?? quite sweet ehhh?

i have the sputtering issue as well and it usually happens if the bike hasn't run for a few days. i don't think it is a major issue in my opinion and i wouldn't let that hold you back from buying it.

i have the sputtering issue as well and it usually happens if the bike hasn't run for a few days. i don't think it is a major issue in my opinion and i wouldn't let that hold you back from buying it.

Yeah the guy said he hadnt started it in over a week. It started right up, sputtered a bit, then the rpms climed to about 2k and droped once warm.

Yes I forgot Blanca is a cold starter as well. When she was stock and spankin' new she would start and then really piss and moan to the point where I thought 10-15 seconds of that was doing some sort of damage.
Then she would catch herself and idle at around 1100-1200rpms.
Now after all the mods she is better but still gripes a bit when you wake her...:welcome:

The bike looks fine and forgive me for asking but you have not mentioned HOW MUCH $ yet ?
Any perfect bike can go right out the window if the price is too much !???

Last edited:
Yeah the guy said he hadnt started it in over a week. It started right up, sputtered a bit, then the rpms climed to about 2k and droped once warm.
that's it! i will say i never had that problem when i had my gen1 probably cause it had the "fast idle" unlike the gen2

yes i forgot blanca is a cold starter as well. When she was stock and spankin' new she would start and then really piss and moan to the point where i thought 10-15 seconds of that was doing some sort of damage.
Then she would catch herself and idle at around 1100-1200rpms.
Now after all the mods she is better but still gripes a bit when you wake her...:welcome:

the bike looks fine and forgive me for asking but you have not mentioned how much $ yet ?
Any perfect bike can go right out the window if the price is too much !???

$9000

I have a Gen II and the starting is exactly the same. You hit the starter, it fires right up, sputters (sounds like it's dying) for a few seconds, and then revs up and smooths out. have watched a few other Gen II's do the same thing. have to assume it's completely normal. My chain doesn't touch the swing arm like that. It's a little slack in that position, but doesn't touch. Your's probably just needs adjusting. Nice looking bike; I'd go for it.

My 08 starts the same, especially cold, it's normal.

HMMMMM.......Are you not really close to a new leftover for that price ?

Suzuki : Hayabusa:eBay Motors (item 220521606943 end time Dec-13-09 18:00:00 PST)

Suzuki : Hayabusa:eBay Motors (item 280432128117 end time Dec-11-09 10:43:04 PST)

Brand new 08 for real close.....$9,995.00
Suzuki : Hayabusa:eBay Motors (item 290377249856 end time Dec-13-09 10:41:50 PST)

Just my .02
Stretch it a bit and get a new one if you are in that range...:thumbsup:

$9000 CDN dollars = $8500 US dollar. Bikes cost more in Ontario , more so than the states.

So still it would seem with some good bargaining you are only 2k or so away from a new one.
$8500 for one with 8,000 miles on it or Approx. $10.5 for a new leftover OTD ???
Put the $8500 down and have a $40 buck payment on a new one least I would....
Please don't take this as doubt and the one you are looking at is worth the $8500.......either way you will be very happy !!!!!!!!!!

Looks like a sweet deal. Just buy it certified. Price looks good to me. I keep watching what else if forsale even though I'm not in the market.

The bike looks good. Adjust the chain slack. It will still touch the guide when there is no pull against the chain. When you ride the bike the chain will lift clear of the guide plate under acceleration. The chain will drop on the the plate under deceleration causing it to damage the swingarm if the guide plate wasn't there.

All stock Gen II's will stagger and sputter when they are cold. The ECU acts like an electronic choke by making the AFR more rich to keep the engine from stalling until it warms up.

So still it would seem with some good bargaining you are only 2k or so away from a new one.
$8500 for one with 8,000 miles on it or Approx. $10.5 for a new leftover OTD ???
Put the $8500 down and have a $40 buck payment on a new one least I would....
Please don't take this as doubt and the one you are looking at is worth the $8500.......either way you will be very happy !!!!!!!!!!

Its ok, I see your point though. It only has 7800KMS not miles so about 4000 miles.

The bike new retailed in 08 for about $15,000 plus 15% tax.

I see only 4,000 miles yes she is still like new. It brings the two...new and this one closer and makes the prices farther apart...

Money talks and BS walks make sure you show up with a stack of fresh crisp bills NO CHECKS and count out $7500cdn. Cash in front of a sellers face is so tempting !:thumbsup:
I'm sorry and I know you would literally be stealing from a cripple it seems but I bet you can bring him down a bit with a big stack-o-bills ! :beerchug:
You'll need some leftover $ for all the mods I'm sure you are already looking at !:laugh:

I see only 4,000 miles yes she is still like new. It brings the two...new and this one closer and makes the prices farther apart...

Money talks and BS walks make sure you show up with a stack of fresh crisp bills NO CHECKS and count out $7500cdn. Cash in front of a sellers face is so tempting !:thumbsup:
I'm sorry and I know you would literally be stealing from a cripple it seems but I bet you can bring him down a bit with a big stack-o-bills ! :beerchug:
You'll need some leftover $ for all the mods I'm sure you are already looking at !:laugh:

Im sure he will take 8750 for it. I know for a fact he turned a guy down for 8700 bucks.

Did the guy he turned down have check or cash ? It makes a difference.
Cash is right now , don't need to go to the bank......checks can sometimes turn folks off..

Any way good luck...Post some happy pics when you get her ! :welcome:

Back