almost ready for paint

Fastfrog007

Donating Member
Registered
I'm getting her painted and thought I'd post a little progress report. Last sunday I met up with Speedaddict and we spoke to the painter he recomended, Miles at Madman Cutoms. Miles seems to kno what he's doin and the price is right so the prep work began. I got the needed supplies and started removing the decals. <see pics at bottom>
I then went to Speedaddicts and he showed me the best way to remove the adhesive left behind and how to wetsand/scuff the panels for primer.
That was sunday, I've since done the nose hump and got the rest of the bike taken apart and the pieces bagged in the hope that I can put it back together someday.
I should have the rest of the pieces ready for primer this weekend. A few need a bit more wetsanding and some aave yet to be done at all, but Im makin good progress. Big Thanks to SpeedAddict for all his help.

SANY0478.jpg

SANY0482.jpg

SANY0490.jpg

SANY0491.jpg

SANY0493.jpg

Are you married? If so what did the wife say when she saw those panels hanging in the shower? :laugh:

Are you doing a custom paint scheme or just changing color? Any sketches? whatcha doin to it, huh huh huh?

Im not married, but that is my GF's bathroom. she usually uses the one upstairs, shes VERY understanding. Metalic Black and Escalade pearle white. Not doin Green anymore, so what is green in the pick will be the white, gotta get a new photoshop done (hint hint guys) and maybe some airbrush, not sure what or where on that yet.

Attachments

• green busa.bmp
    817.6 KB · Views: 184
Just a tip on colors. the escalade white has a yellow look and up against a black it goes little more to the yellow side. If you dealing with a painter/shop or supplier that mixes their own paint have them mix Toyota/lexus code077 and leave the yellow tint out (it is very small amount but does make the difference). on the escalade code wa800j its in the coarse pearl that has the yellow flop but small amount in the 1 part of the base. When you leave that out it doesn't have the POP the the toyota color does. As for a black that goes along with a pearl white i would recomend the Dodge/Chrysler black crystal code PXR..

Hope this helps

If your looking for a real pop in sparkle/flake add a little House of Color Ice Pearl. Its actually a very fine flake but pearl flake sized. Add this into you first coat of clear on the whole bike. Over the black with will really have a sparkle (look kinda like frost, but keep that deep dark black look till the light hits it), and over the white it will really bring out the flake. Stuff is kinda expensive last time i got some it was $75 for a ounce. My first paint job to the buse was done all over with 1 table spoon in the clear. It really looked like it was wet or frosted over all the time, i might still have a pix if you want to see.

If you use the ice pearl i would probley just go with a straight deep black the ice will make more than enough sparkle. Go with either GM wa8555 (darker version) or Dodge PX8 (darker)....The Dodge's has a slighter bluer/cleaner look.

Shoot me a Pm if you would like some of the flake. I have more than enough to spare and will never use..

Back